Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:31:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Ron Paul's Ninja Delegates  (Read 16814 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »

Any word on the counties and districts these were in? I wonder if Paul is taking all delegates from my district after all.

The unanimous Paul slates all appear to be from the Twin Cities area; the rest are randomly scattered in areas that voted for Santorum.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »

BTW I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker in the church parking lot this morning. Giving Paul 1/3 of candidate bumper stickers in the parking lot I've seen (the other two being Obama bumper stickers, one of which is my own.)
I have seen one bumpersticker this whole campaign. It said Obama 2012. I saw a Green Party bumper sticker today in a Chillies parking lot, but had no candidates on it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »

Reposting this from another thread because it illustrates the possible ramifications if these ninja delegates really do all succeed completely:

Let's assume a best case scenario for Ron Paul, where his supporters manage to hijack the state conventions of IA, MN, ME, WA, and CO and get unanimous Ron Paul delegates selected, and also manage to get a majority in Nevada, rewrite the delegate rules so they can send a unanimous Paul slate, and don't get penalized for it by the RNC. Almost certainly won't be this big of a shift from the estimated totals; remember this is a best case scenario estimate.

Romney: 388
Paul: 209
Santorum: 141
Gingrich: 82
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:20 PM »

BTW I saw a Ron Paul bumper sticker in the church parking lot this morning. Giving Paul 1/3 of candidate bumper stickers in the parking lot I've seen (the other two being Obama bumper stickers, one of which is my own.)
I have seen one bumpersticker this whole campaign. It said Obama 2012. I saw a Green Party bumper sticker today in a Chillies parking lot, but had no candidates on it.

What is this "Chillies" you speak of?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 03:03:42 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 03:09:32 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

What is this "Chillies" you speak of?
Chili's is a resteraunt similar to Applebees. Might be a regional thing down here, so you guys might not have them. Its the type of place you go to once a year. But we go every Sunday, and it is very worn out on me.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »

Any word on the counties and districts these were in? I wonder if Paul is taking all delegates from my district after all.

The unanimous Paul slates all appear to be from the Twin Cities area; the rest are randomly scattered in areas that voted for Santorum.

Paul had a plurality in CD 5 to begin with; given any motivation gap, it's not hard to believe he could dominate those conventions.  Outside, we have yet to see clearly the extent of Paulista control.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »

More updates!

• Ron Paul's supporters appear to be making a mess of things in the run up to Wyoming's state convention as well; this convention picks 14 RNC delegates. In Uinta County, where Romney won the earlier straw poll thing with 66%, Paul supporters were picked for all 14 of the state convention delegate slots. Similar reports from Campbell County as well.
  • I've heard positive news from Ron Paul people in Gwinnett County, GA; something like a third of the district delegates ended up being Paulites.  At this point it looks quite possible that a Ron Paul majority will be picking GA 4th District's three RNC delegates. In Clarke County, on the other hand (where UGA is located; and Paul's best county) even though the attendance was 65-75% Paultards, the county GOP chair apparently passed the preselected delegate slate by a voice vote, announced it passed, then got the hell out of there. Uncertain if this'll brew into some sort of controversy.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 06:51:01 PM »

Washington State news!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://consultingbyrpm.com/blog/2012/03/guest-post-ron-pauls-delegate-strategy.html

Paulmentum!
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:33 PM »

Heard it through the grapeline that the Paulites will try to take the delegates in Florida - because they moved their primary that apparently means the Florida delegates are unbound.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »

Heard it through the grapeline that the Paulites will try to take the delegates in Florida - because they moved their primary that apparently means the Florida delegates are unbound.

oh god yes.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 08:38:27 PM by Bacon King, VP »

Oh, wow, that's beautiful.

Also, on the subject of bound/unbound delegates: apparently, the GOP rules still allow delegates to abstain rather than vote for the candidate they're legally pledged to, so the Paulistas that are bound for Romney/Gingrich/Santorum on the first ballot are planning to force the convention open by voting "present".
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »

Atlas forum should endorse this policy and give moral support to La Revolución Paulista.
Matthew
Rookie

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

Paul had a plurality in CD 5 to begin with; given any motivation gap, it's not hard to believe he could dominate those conventions.  Outside, we have yet to see clearly the extent of Paulista control.

How many delegates will Paul get out of Minnesota? Hopefully he can get some of them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »

Oh, wow, that's beautiful.

Also, on the subject of bound/unbound delegates: apparently, the GOP rules still allow delegates to abstain rather than vote for the candidate they're legally pledged to, so the Paulistas that are bound for Romney/Gingrich/Santorum on the first ballot are planning to force the convention open by voting "present".

This is undoubtedly the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 09:02:37 PM »

The primary process is already a joke, I don't hate Paulites for exploiting this fact (I find it entertaining).  Maybe this will be a lesson to the GOP to get their act in order.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2012, 09:10:38 PM »

If I could give the Paulites a standing ovation over the internet, I so totally would.
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »

Haha, see, the strategy is working in some ways.  Is it enough for him to win? No.  But it is enough to create a huge SNAFU at the national convention, unless someone like Romney does the smart thing and allies forces and makes him the VP on his ticket.

Anyway, random story from when I lived in Minnesota. It was 2004, and I was active in the MNLP.  We had someone come in, saying that "To win, we have to take over one of the parties as best we can."  Well, we didn't see how that was possible and the elder among our group just came from the GOP after feeling nothing would change.  2007 rolled around and Ron Paul, who I knew about and liked since I first learned about him in the early 2000s, ran for the Presidency.  Then the whole Tea Party thing came about, and I thought "hey, this might work!" and really got involved. 

But then I saw the Tea Party infiltrated and being associated with idiots like Palin.  I had some hope for the one, lone man who would stand true to his cause and still is - however he's just not getting the support.  I still can't identify with Santorum and Gingrich and both to me seem to have that slimy, backstabbing feel to them.  I wouldn't trust them to cook my fast food, let alone run the country.  I'm hoping some things from the Paul campaign stick and push us back from the edge of order and totalitarianism and back toward freedom to a more equal balance.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 12:47:56 AM »

Don't get your hopes up guys. Everyone knows there will be one ballot in Tampa and Romney will win it. Priebus is not going to tolerate any of these Paul shenanigans in the end. They'll move for nomination by acclamation if necessary and then just ignore any objections by cutting off the mics on the floor.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 12:56:40 AM »

And yeah, maybe the Paul delegates can boo really loudly during Romney's speech. But they'll just crank up the volume on the podium mics that feed into the TV and no one at home will have any idea of what's going on at the convention. Who cares if the delegates can't hear Romney? They can hear him in living rooms in Arvada and Dayton and Norfolk and that's all that matters in the end.

It's a rigged game but crying about it won't make it any less rigged.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »

And yeah, maybe the Paul delegates can boo really loudly during Romney's speech. But they'll just crank up the volume on the podium mics that feed into the TV and no one at home will have any idea of what's going on at the convention. Who cares if the delegates can't hear Romney? They can hear him in living rooms in Arvada and Dayton and Norfolk and that's all that matters in the end.

Maybe Ron Paul delegates will storm the podium... I wouldn't rule it out.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »

Don't forget that literally hundreds of political journalists will be at the RNC- even if they manage to stage everything right for the TV audience, if something like this actually happens then "CHAOS IN TAMPA" would still easily be the biggest news item afterwards.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2012, 01:39:20 AM »

Most of the RNC and DNC are boring, B-list political speeches with plenty of crowd shots between it, which is plenty of time for a floor riot to be broadcast to every home in America.  I would not want to be in charge of RNC security if this is going to pan out like it appears it may.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 01:54:26 AM »

Meh. Remember all those protests against the RNC in 2008 in Minneapolis? Remember how no one covered them?

The media is going to be far more interested in setting up the fight between Romney and Obama and that'll be the lead in most of their stories. And even if they do cover the chaos for a bit it'll all be over a day or two after Tampa.

They don't want to write a story about Republicans fighting. They'll have been covering that story for months. They want to write about Romney vs. Obama and the communications wings of Romney and the RNC will be more than happy to provide them with enough content for that to happen.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 01:55:14 AM »

Meh. Remember all those protests against the RNC in 2008 in Minneapolis? Remember how no one covered them?

Were those inside at all?  (Honest question, don't remember)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 01:58:24 AM »

Were those inside at all?  (Honest question, don't remember)

No, they were in the streets. But still provided good visuals if the media had wanted to cover them. My point is just that they don't really care about covering what happens at the convention; they just want to write pre-general election stories and show video of Romney and Obama taking shots at each other.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies