Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:03:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary: I'm not retiring, I'll be back on the "fast track" in a "little while"  (Read 12806 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: January 09, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »

Awful news.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:46:17 PM »

Reported for slander.

Funny that me, Kalwejt and Eraserhead will be the only people desperately running from the Hillary 2016 bandwagon. She's a terrible person and an awful politician and would make a very bad President. Her disgusting race-baiting 2008 campaign is but the tip of the iceberg.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:07:01 PM »

Reported for slander.

Funny that me, Kalwejt and Eraserhead will be the only people desperately running from the Hillary 2016 bandwagon. She's a terrible person and an awful politician and would make a very bad President. Her disgusting race-baiting 2008 campaign is but the tip of the iceberg.

What if comes down to Hillary and Cuomo? What then, good sir?

I'd be very thankful that that's not a choice I'd have to make. If someone put the proverbial gun to my head I'd probably go for Cuomo.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »

It would be sad if our first female President was one who got their on the coattails of her husband.

This is such sexist and silly nonsense, that assumes Clinton never accomplished anything on her own. She's already accomplished more than a lot of presidential nominees, including arguably Obama when he won the nomination.

Arguably?

The idea that Hillary was significantly more experienced than Obama in 2008 didn't make a lot of sense considering it amounted to a few years of unremarkable Senate service and, er, greeting the wives of foreign dignitaries for eight years before that. Obama had more political experience than Hillary.

It's also inarguable that Hillary's electoral history has been successful largely because her name is Clinton. Does anyone else think a lawyer from Arkansas would be a top-tier Senate candidate in New York if she wasn't, I don't know, married to the President?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 02:40:56 PM »

The idea that Hillary was significantly more experienced than Obama in 2008 didn't make a lot of sense considering it amounted to a few years of unremarkable Senate service and, er, greeting the wives of foreign dignitaries for eight years before that.

LOL. Yeah, that's all Hillary did there.

Fair point, I suppose you could include launching a disastrous healthcare reform effort that crippled Clinton's first term. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:43 PM »

The idea that Hillary was significantly more experienced than Obama in 2008 didn't make a lot of sense considering it amounted to a few years of unremarkable Senate service and, er, greeting the wives of foreign dignitaries for eight years before that.

LOL. Yeah, that's all Hillary did there.

Fair point, I suppose you could include launching a disastrous healthcare reform effort that crippled Clinton's first term. Wink

But which was still a valuable experience, as it allowed the Obama administration to take away the important lesson of letting Congress write the bill. Without the Clinton effort and the lessons taken from it, Obama's effort would never have succeeded. Of course, it could be argued that Obama over-learned, and his extreme hands-off policy nearly killed the thing.

Then there is SCHIP. Since Hillary wasn't in Congress at the time, Ted Kennedy and Orrin Hatch spearheaded the drive for SCHIP, but by most accounts Hillary played a role in getting it passed (http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/giving_hillary_credit_for_schip.html).

In any case, none of this really matters as with eight years in the Senate and four years as Secretary of State on top of her time as First Lady, she has plenty of experience.

Oh, I'm not denying Hillary has more than enough experience now, my post was referring to the same question in 2008, where I was disputing the idea that Obama was vastly less experienced than Clinton. Apologies if I caused any confusion.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »

rofl
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies