Did Hillary Clinton really win the debates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:51:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Did Hillary Clinton really win the debates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Did Hillary Clinton really win the debates  (Read 2648 times)
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« on: May 07, 2019, 05:01:28 PM »

I don't think the debates mattered at all, except for the second one which brought Trump back from the fallout after the tapes. Other than that, nobody was swayed by any debates, so there was no winner or loser.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »

I don't think the debates mattered at all, except for the second one which brought Trump back from the fallout after the tapes. Other than that, nobody was swayed by any debates, so there was no winner or loser.

Except that polling average clearly shows that Hillary started to gain a lot after the first debate. But sure, let's ignore the facts and pretend Hillary never did anything good at all during the whole campaign.

Lol you don't need to get so aggressive. I forgot that Hillary surged after the first debate, but you're right, she did win in that case. But my comment wasn't even meant to be an indictment of Hillary personally or to say that she did badly. Just that the country was polarized and everyone heard what they wanted to hear, so the debates didn't matter.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 11:37:30 PM »

The fact that she knew more didn't matter. Debates are more style than substance. Everyone knew Hillary was better on policy but she didn't come across likeable at all.

Why do debates have to be charisma contests?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies