Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:49:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 96
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: coalition agreement presented  (Read 273720 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: March 15, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »

This panel is really long and boring.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #1501 on: March 15, 2017, 04:03:23 PM »

Why has Schiermonnikoog turnout 130,4%? Tourists?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #1502 on: March 15, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »

Ipsos exit poll, share of vote:

20.6% VVD
12.7% CDA
12.6% D66
12.6% PVV
10.7% GL
  9.3% SP
  6.0% PvdA
  4.0% CU
  3.3% PvdD
  2.7% 50+
  2.0% SGP
  2.0% Denk
  1.3% FvD

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/842109639894413312

Seems like forming a coalition will take a really, really, really long time.

The Dutch will never beat our record. THey can't even beat our turnout record.

Honestly as it stands it seems straighforward. CU-D66-CDA in, PvdA out, Rutte stays PM. Work with the small parties in a minority. DavidB predicted this several pages ago when Wilders was on 30+ seats.

The problem will be D66 and SGP, especially if the euthanasia issue flares up.

I don't think it will be SGP, but the point still stands because CU have to be in there for a centre-right government.
I think they will try to negotiate with 50+ before SGP because they can buy off their electorate and get rid of it fairly easily. CDA and VVD +4 next election. Not sure if they have a majority in the FIrst Chamber.

VVD-CDA-D66-CU has a majority in the senate. I don't think they will try to work with a party like 50plus, I strongly suspect 50plus would walk away when things get hard. The SGP is a fairly reliable partner. And on economic issues the SGP is much closer to D66 than 50plus. CU and maybe even CDA will also demand that progressive legislation on issues like euthanasia will be blocked, so even with 50plus instead of SGP progressive legislation on ethical issues probably won't pass.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1503 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »

None of the three towns currently reporting are really base areas for the SGP, but why are they down from 2.1% to 0.7%? Seems like an ominous result for them.

Also very unfortunate to see PP currently not improving on the 2012 result...

In 2012, SGP youth made a stunt by send dozens of to these islands to vote there
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1504 on: March 15, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »

I wonder whether the PvdA will be back to 25-30 seats in 4 years if we get a centre-right government. It might happen, but GL will try to become the main left-wing party. I don't think GL's appeal is broad enough for that but we can't rule it out.

And I really can't see how Asscher stays on after losing 29 seats. Dijsselbloem will remain in politics (probably as a MP since I don't think the PvdA will be in government) and I think he has bigger ambitions than being a backbench MP. And they always can appoint Aboutaleb (the very popular mayor of Rotterdam) leader.
Wait, Djissembloem is from PvdA?!?
I always thought he was a right-wing politician given his hawkish budgetary stances...no wonder PvdA is getting slaughtered.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1505 on: March 15, 2017, 04:11:51 PM »

So many questions...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1506 on: March 15, 2017, 04:14:33 PM »

I always thought he was a right-wing politician given his hawkish budgetary stances...no wonder PvdA is getting slaughtered.
Hahaha. This may well be the quote of the evening when it comes to the PvdA's loss.
rob in cal
« Reply #1507 on: March 15, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »

I just read about the Fvd.  Did they attract some former PVV voters? Also, would they be considered viable coalition partners if they had won more seats?  I like how national direct democracy is a key plank of theirs, though I believe D66 is for that too and it doesn't seem as if they've achieved much in spite of being in government over the years.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1508 on: March 15, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »

Their youth organisation is the second biggest political youth organisation. In fact they probably score better with younger voters.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1509 on: March 15, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

it's amazing for me that a party like D66 which was described - at least in our media over here - a few years ago as kind of reallllly leftish is now seen more like center-center.
Center-center? It's full-on right-wing on economics, but extremely progressive on immaterial issues.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1510 on: March 15, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »

Its the largest youth political party of the Netherlands.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1511 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »

Fantastic! Please tell me more about SGP Youth; genuinely intrigued...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1512 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:36 PM »

I just read about the Fvd.  Did they attract some former PVV voters? Also, would they be considered viable coalition partners if they had won more seats?  I like how national direct democracy is a key plank of theirs, though I believe D66 is for that too and it doesn't seem as if they've achieved much in spite of being in government over the years.
They found out they lose referendums and so they don't really support them anymore. Their new "crown jewels" are the donor law, assisted suicide, trans rights etc.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1513 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »

Hahaha. This may well be the quote of the evening when it comes to the PvdA's loss.

It's the post of the month at least, perhaps of the year so far. Perfection.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1514 on: March 15, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »

Asscher is speaking now.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1515 on: March 15, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »

wouldn't associate that so directly....some countries are much more fiscal conservatives than others and still got a left-right divide on many issues.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1516 on: March 15, 2017, 04:18:55 PM »

How fast will results come in?  We had nothing  new for a while now.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1517 on: March 15, 2017, 04:19:17 PM »

Schiermoonikoog and Vlieland has seen the PvdA vote. collapse
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #1518 on: March 15, 2017, 04:20:45 PM »

Center-center? It's full-on right-wing on economics, but extremely progressive on immaterial issues.

that's what i meant...left-right seems to divide itself out in this party.

guess it not depends on who likes whom and what are the priorities.....right-wing economics should make it easier for everyone.

btw.....if the SGP youth is so big.....can i imagine them as some kind of alt-righters or other provocateurs?

what's btw your personal opinion re: the results?
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #1519 on: March 15, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 04:23:57 PM by Rogier »

I just read about the Fvd.  Did they attract some former PVV voters? Also, would they be considered viable coalition partners if they had won more seats?  I like how national direct democracy is a key plank of theirs, though I believe D66 is for that too and it doesn't seem as if they've achieved much in spite of being in government over the years.

*warning* potentially biased answer

Its their right-wing crypto-conspiracy theories that make them somewhat popular with people who are perhaps tired of Wilders' antics.  I wouldn't take the FvD's talk of direct democracy very seriously. Its like Orban or Kacsinski's movements. Their ''referenda'' are worthy of the Soviet regimes that preceded them.

wouldn't associate that so directly....some countries are much more fiscal conservatives than others and still got a left-right divide on many issues.

This. NL is a net contributor to the EU budget, and its protestant culture makes debt something very badly seen upon. schuld means both debt and guilt in Dutch.

Asscher is about to resign I think. I know have to admit Samsom would have at least done better because Asscher really ed himself in the debates.
SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1520 on: March 15, 2017, 04:22:06 PM »

I wonder whether the PvdA will be back to 25-30 seats in 4 years if we get a centre-right government. It might happen, but GL will try to become the main left-wing party. I don't think GL's appeal is broad enough for that but we can't rule it out.

And I really can't see how Asscher stays on after losing 29 seats. Dijsselbloem will remain in politics (probably as a MP since I don't think the PvdA will be in government) and I think he has bigger ambitions than being a backbench MP. And they always can appoint Aboutaleb (the very popular mayor of Rotterdam) leader.

He is quite popular, my parents like him, but they are right of the centre
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1521 on: March 15, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

I don't know much about the SGP youth, but they are no alt-righters. They are just really conservative on social issues. Like the religious right in the US.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: March 15, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »

Asscher didn't resign btw. Spekman (the chairman) probably will be gone though.
Diouf
Denmark
« Reply #1523 on: March 15, 2017, 04:25:36 PM »

The Times readers are particularly eager to know what the kingmaker will do now...

SunSt0rm
Netherlands

« Reply #1524 on: March 15, 2017, 04:26:47 PM »

Roemer now

Wonder he will resign or not
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 96  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies