Place for Trump voters to repent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Place for Trump voters to repent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Place for Trump voters to repent  (Read 3006 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 04, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »

This thread is based on the premise that the majority of Trump's voters voted for him because of his faults while most people voted for him in spite of his faults.

You voted for a rapist. Own it.
I'll own voting for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996, yes.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »

Let's look at this point by point:

- He's appointing people to his cabinet that have vast levels of experience in government.
  (I fully expected this.  The Carl Icahns of the world aren't going to take a pay cut.)

- He said he wasn't a racist. Then he turns around and chooses Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions for top positions in his administration.  (I don't concede that either is a "racist".  And I would expect a President-elect to support loyalists for his Administration.)

- He said he would repeal Obamacare in its entirety, now he has said he wants to keep select provisions exactly as they are.  (I fully expected this.  And most of his supporters are OK with this.  It's the mandate that most folks view as "Obamacare" and it's the mandate that most folks want repealed.)

- He claimed to have an idea of how to run a government based on his business experience, however we now know that Obama has had to give him a crash course on things like the need to hire a full staff.  (There is no comparable job to the Presidency.  None.  I'm far from shocked.)

- He is strongly considering appointing disgraced general David Petraeus to his cabinet
  (Ugh.  But I think this is just a trial balloon.)

- He is no longer committed to deporting all illegal immigrants  (I never thought he would.  But he IS committed to enforcing our current immigration laws, and to take a stronger position on immigration issues in general.  Hillary Clinton was/is in favor of NOT enforcing the law.  Think about that for a minute.  And I DO believe that Trump will do something about the abomination of "Sanctuary Cities".)

- He wants the SCOTUS to uphold Obergefell vs. Hodges  (I view SSM as an affront to God, but I also realize that this ship has sailed.  Overall, I believe that I will be in far greater agreement on the social issues  with a Trump Administration than with anything Hillary could churn out.)

- He is going to keep the U.S. in NATO  (He never said he'd pull out of NATO.  He never said he'd pull out of the UN.  He did say that he'd examine the issue of how much other nations kick in for their own national defense, and that's a long overdue reform.)

I'll watch what unfolds.  I'm a long way from repentance at this point.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies