PPP/DailyKos weekly poll has Obama up 8 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:39:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP/DailyKos weekly poll has Obama up 8 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP/DailyKos weekly poll has Obama up 8  (Read 5346 times)
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« on: June 06, 2012, 11:30:25 AM »

I made the painstaking journey to the Gubernatorial polls board to have a look for myself at this apparently legendary PPP f-up. They predicted a Walker 3 point victory and he won by 6 and some change on a four point margin of error.

I demand baxlexus and tmth give me my money back after such a lofty promise.

7, actually, which is what most of the other non trash pollsters said.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:21:35 PM »

A statistically insignificant Democratic lean in one state that could be cancelled out by dozens of polls in other states in 08 and 10 where they landed statistically insignificant to the right.

I'm not saying it's Obama+8 right now, but it's no better than Obama+4.5. There's a MOE for a reason.

Rasmussen polls landed outside of their MOE in 2010, that's why Silver criticized them.  It's an inexcusable result.  That said, I still do not reject Rasmussen polls as, even with their 2010 performance, past results are not indicative of future accuracy.

Of course in 08 and 10, PPP didn't repeatedly put out polls to the left of other pollsters. They are now.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »

"Bias" in statistics is not the same as "house effect," which matches the colloquial definition of "bias."  Statistical bias is any deviation from the population parameter.

Repeatedly missing in 1 direction like they did with Amendment 1 is a sign of putting out nonsense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies