Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:46:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most absurd objective proposed by Newt Gingrich?
Putting mirrors in outerspace to light highways

Colonizing the moon for resources such as moon rocks

Repealing child labor laws so children can spend time in school being janitors rather than learning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular  (Read 40549 times)
CJK
United States

« on: December 08, 2011, 03:22:28 PM »

I gotta love how all these Republican insiders, who want to force Romney down our throats and are actually to left of Paul Ryan, are attacking Newt Gingrich, a man who shut down the federal government, as being insufficiently conservative.

Hmm, maybe Newt learned during his speakership that entitlement reform is difficult and openly promising to abolish Medicare is not the best way to win votes.
CJK
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »

attacking Newt Gingrich, a man who shut down the federal government ...

Yeah, that proved to be a real winner in 1996 when Clinton won re-election.

Why don't you quote the entire sentence instead of taking my words out of context?

I said

You must be logged in to read this quote.

At no point did I claim that Gingrich handled it well. I was commenting on the insane assertion that he is less reliable than Romney, who was running away from Reagan and embracing gay and abortion rights at roughly the same time Newt was aggressively confronting Bill Clinton.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies