Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:29:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 33032 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2022, 09:49:09 AM »

I find it kind of hilarious that the party coming in 3rd now is about the win the premiership while the woman who came in a clear 1st will lose that position. And despite having gained votes for her party. Why is there not some form of grand coalition to keep SDs out of power?

Seems like a lot of standard conservative/center-right parties in Europe have become useful idiots for the far-right. I don't want to make parallels to the Third Reich here, but back then the conservatives also thought they could control the extreme right.

It's not that unusual for a 3rd party to reach the premiership in some European countries. In 1982, in Sweden, the Center party polled 3rd but got the premiership. In Denmark, 1968, the Social Liberals polled 4th and also got the Prime Minister office. The same happen, also in Denmark, in 1973 and in 2015, Venstre polled 3rd got the top job. In Norway, 1965, the Center party polled 4th and got the premiership, which was again repeated in 1969. In 1997 and 2001, the 3rd party also got the top job. There may be also examples in other countries, like Finland.

Clarko, what are the main disagreements of some Liberal MPs to this agreement? Is it more an image thing, rather than content?
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2022, 04:51:32 PM »

23 ministers plus the PM, isn't that too much? I assume that each minister will get one or two secretaries?
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies