Which riding will be _____ party's best in the upcoming Canadian election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Which riding will be _____ party's best in the upcoming Canadian election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which riding will be _____ party's best in the upcoming Canadian election?  (Read 704 times)
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« on: September 03, 2021, 07:09:26 PM »

Liberals:  Scarborough-Rouge Park
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 03:43:41 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2021, 03:47:50 PM by King of Kensington »

It may seem "lazy" but I stand by Scarborough-Rouge Park for the Liberals (though it could be neighboring Scarb-Guildwood or maybe something like Etobicoke North - but it won't be in Atlantic Canada this time!).

Scarborough-Rouge Park is majority non-Chinese VM (mostly South Asian and Black) and also has a weak federal NDP base. It's demographically very much a "Justin Trudeau" riding.
King of Kensington
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2021, 06:56:25 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2021, 07:04:35 PM by King of Kensington »

As to top Conservative, I suppose a look at Buffalo Party and Wildrose results may give a hint in terms of the degree to which individual Conservative ridings in rural Alberta and Saskatchewan are particularly likely to see significant leakage on the right.  But I think backlash against "that damn eastern bastard O'Toole and his carbon tax" will turn out to be pretty minimal on election day so not sure how much the order shifts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies