I have decided...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:59:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  I have decided...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I have decided...  (Read 539 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:10:25 AM »

I will support Hillary Clinton in her trials to win the Democratic nomination.  It just dawned on me that my initial ploy to game the Democratic primary here in Virginia was really just a subconscious act on my part to actually show my true desire to see this highly gifted politician win the national election.  I do not come to this conclusion lightly, and, after spending much time reflecting on her positions, I see how right she actually is:

National Health Care - I guess I was just in denial about the plight of the majority of Americans today.  Their companies are charging their employees an arm and a leg for health care services which they really don't need.  Have you looked at some of these overly complicated plans?  It is amazing that the general public could even understand what they are signing up for, and then to turn right around and pay more on insurance than they might actually ever use in their lifetime.  A highly efficient government-ran program providing quality care for all citizens is really the only way to go.

Immigration - Our current immigration laws and practices place too much of a burden on those seeking a better life.  While our nation lacks the luster it once had in the 1990s, desperate people are still at our doorstep begging to be let in.  And what do we do?  We force them to wait out in the cold while processing paperwork, and sometimes breaking up families by only letting a few family members enter.  We need to work harder to show compassion to those who live without the blessings we have here, especially our taxpayer funded welfare programs.  She will ensure that all these immigrants have the best medical and education assistance available in the world.

Taxes - It is a shame that 2% of our population have so much money at their disposal but refuse to share with their fellow citizens.  They choose to invest the money into funds, companies, and other investments in order to grow their wealth rather than helping the poor and middle class meet their daily needs.  Hillary will help these individuals reinvest what our nation has blessed them with by channeling those funds through sophisticated and efficient government agencies to ensure that all our basic needs are met.

Gas - Something has to be done about these companies that earn a profit by selling gas to their customers.  It is a shame that they make a profit off of their hard work, especially in a difficult market where demand is at an all time high.  Such gains at the expense of others cannot be tolerated and the burden needs to be lifted off of those struggling in these troubled times.  She will ensure that these abusers of the free market system are dealt with appropriately.

What else can I say?  Hillary Clinton is the only logical choice in 2008.  Vote Hillary for President!  April fools.
jesmo

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »

April Fools Joke...

but it would be nice if MODU was being serious. Hillary is an absolute angel, even tho I disagree with her on social issues.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »

... and this is the guy that calls her "Killary". I had to remember that to know that this was a joke.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »

I used to respect your opinions.  Tongue  Wink
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

hahaha . . . I wasn't sure what would be the give away.  Saying "Hillary Clinton" vice "Killary" or my defense of National Health Care.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »

Well done, MODU.  As usual, I don't agree.  But you never fail to deliver the goods in terms of fun, intelligent thought and creativity.

BTW, I have switched my support for Obama to whomever carries the Constitution Party banner in 08.  It's been too damn long since this country hanged witches.  And I don't think we've ever burned anyone at the stake.  WTH is up with that?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:19 PM »

BTW, I have switched my support for Obama to whomever carries the Constitution Party banner in 08.  It's been too damn long since this country hanged witches.  And I don't think we've ever burned anyone at the stake.  WTH is up with that?

Ahhh, the good ol' days.  Disposed of many ex-g/f's that way.  Any girl that breaks up with me must definitely be under the influence of the dark arts, or a practitioner there of.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »

Bout time I agree with ya.  Wink
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »

I totally agree.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies