Is Iowa a Republican State Now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:26:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Is Iowa a Republican State Now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is Iowa a Republican State Now?  (Read 5049 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: November 25, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »

Until it votes for a GOP nominee for President again, it's not a "red state" (people weren't calling WV or AR "blue states" in 2008 even though Democrats controlled absolutely everything).  However, locally it's a little more Republican than Democratic.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »

Iowa is essentially the swingiest state you're going to get in a country as polarized as we are. 2014's impact is significant, but still the State Senate, Attorney General, and Treasurer are all Democratic controlled. I don't expect Republican to hold IA-01 next year and Ernst's Senate seat will be hotly contested in 2020. That's without the presidential race, which will almost certainly be a toss-up.
I expect IA-01 to remain Republican. In nation where whites are becoming increasingly republican, as is evident by the last several election cycles, it will become increasingly difficult for Democrats, which are polarizing whites, to win such a homogenous state. I doubt the republicans will allow Joni Ernst to lose. She's a rising star and if it is contested, Republicans will pour money into a state that is already showing trends in favor of the GOP.

The white vote that has remained relatively stable and has, infact, become increasingly Democratic in the Upper Midwest, Northeast, and West?

But muh inevitable Solid R Midwest! -Desperate Atlas Republicans

Aren't you the guy who thinks NH is a Toss-up?

Jesus, let it go.  You're pathetically obsessed with this.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »

Iowa is essentially the swingiest state you're going to get in a country as polarized as we are. 2014's impact is significant, but still the State Senate, Attorney General, and Treasurer are all Democratic controlled. I don't expect Republican to hold IA-01 next year and Ernst's Senate seat will be hotly contested in 2020. That's without the presidential race, which will almost certainly be a toss-up.
I expect IA-01 to remain Republican. In nation where whites are becoming increasingly republican, as is evident by the last several election cycles, it will become increasingly difficult for Democrats, which are polarizing whites, to win such a homogenous state. I doubt the republicans will allow Joni Ernst to lose. She's a rising star and if it is contested, Republicans will pour money into a state that is already showing trends in favor of the GOP.

The white vote that has remained relatively stable and has, infact, become increasingly Democratic in the Upper Midwest, Northeast, and West?

But muh inevitable Solid R Midwest! -Desperate Atlas Republicans

Aren't you the guy who thinks NH is a Toss-up?

Jesus, let it go.  You're pathetically obsessed with this.

NH was even more Democratic than VT in 2014. Of all the New England gubernatorial races, NH went Democratic by the largest margin.

Hassan was a popular incumbent.  It was also the most Republican state in 2012, ties Maine for the most Republican Congressional delegation and has the most Republican state legislature, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.  Gotta stick to that agenda.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies