$15/hour minimum wage (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:52:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  $15/hour minimum wage (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: $15/hour minimum wage  (Read 3688 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: June 03, 2011, 07:10:24 PM »

Social economic engineering is an utter myth.  Many people in the underclass cannot function but in the underclass economic system, and there's little anyone can do to adjust that behavior.

It has nothing to do with behavior, Glob!  It has to do with power.  In fact the US mostly only provides WalMart and McDonalds type jobs (underclass jobs), so inevitably more and more people will be underclass in future, till soon it is the majority. And they all wake up early and live in fear and don't enjoy anything, and work like dogs.   

As someone who until recently lived hip-deep in the underclass (south Baltimore), I can tell you that the above in no way reflects my experiences, at all, with the "underclass".  The underclass in Maryland is a direct result of behavior, and the attitudes that the urban poverty culture inculcates into the youth.  In my neighborhood, there was trash all over the streets, people screaming and fighting and pissing everywhere and acting like fools at all hours of the day.  Women farting at my front door, junkies vomiting in the street, teenage girls with strollers out at 1am, vandalism, petty crime.

If that's the underclass you're talking about, f*** the underclass, I hope they starve, the world would be better off for it.

The people you describe sound like people who do OK but simply want more.  Not really the "underclass", more like the working class.  That's fine, but it takes knowledge, skills, abilities, etc. to obtain a better lot in life.  The minimum wage is an extremely blunt tool that basically just says that half of those people can have it and the other half lose what they have today.

And say what you want about Walmart, but there's 20 million or so people out there today who would love that job.
I don't know if this is appropriate to ask, but are you black?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies