The Invasion of Bizarro Atlas: Discuss battle plans here.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 08:38:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Invasion of Bizarro Atlas: Discuss battle plans here.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: The Invasion of Bizarro Atlas: Discuss battle plans here.  (Read 7673 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 10:01:36 AM »

I'm already there seeing if I can troll a little bit.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »

Currently thinking of what my (fake)political ideology will be there before I start trolling them. Thinking about National Syndicalism or fascism.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »

This place is too much trouble for it's worth.  

1. They claimed I was a sock immediately off the bat because my IP address matched another one on the site.  I've never, ever been to this forum.  They wanted me to contact the administrator to "clear things up".

2. They deleted my very first post because I used the words "liberal idiots from Philly" (I was planning on presenting myself as a conservative Christian from Central PA named Get_OUT_Of_Here_Ghost), because they said it amounted to calling every liberal on the forum an idiot.

3. My login info already doesn't work.  So if I make another they'll probably just say there's an issue with my IP address again.  

So they have these insanely strict rules where you can't say or do a damn thing and initial posts have to pass through a cyber-court of anal mods.  Sounds like the perfect forum for a lame-ass man-child who goes to see Fly Me To The Moon.  
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 10:21:37 AM »

I've been infracted twice already. And neither was one of my trolling posts.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »

They won't let me post a thread
RR1997
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »

I just signed up as wallstreetwarrior.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 10:24:52 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 10:29:27 AM by I left my heart in the back of the cab »

Yeah likely not going to even bother with this place. It seems perfect for Bushie though.

If I ever do sign up I'll probably adopt a persona of a sort of very exaggerated liberal charismatic Christian who believes in a sort of left-dominionism. Would've worked better in 2012 (back when I heard some people talk about how God wants Obama to be President and not the herectical non-Christian Mormon and his Randian atheist running mate.)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »

I have quickly realized that I would get quite frustrated(mostly because, as Snowstalker said, they're a right-wing cesspool) with Bizarro Atlas and wouldn't be able to hide my true identity as an anarchist there for very long(2 posts max)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 10:34:27 AM »

I'm "Evian"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 10:47:22 AM by Antonio V »

From what I've seen, Bizarro Atlas seems like a more boring, more conservative, less nerdy, and less self-aware version of our Atlas. I'm definitely in the right place.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2015, 10:44:28 AM »

Anyone else find it funny how Bushie's political views basically shift with his environment? He's also more right wing on Facebook from what I hear, and last Memorial Day I recall someone reporting that he posted something like "I don't like to make politics on Memorial Day...but Obama is taking away our freedoms!" despite voting for the guy twice.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »

Anyone else find it funny how Bushie's political views basically shift with his environment? He's also more right wing on Facebook from what I hear, and last Memorial Day I recall someone reporting that he posted something like "I don't like to make politics on Memorial Day...but Obama is taking away our freedoms!" despite voting for the guy twice.

Bushie voted for Obama?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »

Because Bushie is a friggin tool.  Little more than doing tricks for his current audience for a bucket of chum.  
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 11:24:42 AM »

I didn't exactly expect this to be a long con.

And I'm probably underestimating these guys but they don't seem to have the moxie to find us. And anyone who did have the moxie would probably not care, so as to let us liven things up slightly. I mean, this place is awful.

Maybe s medium Co, long as it takes for Update to start.

Who wants to start an Update thread on their version of Forum Community?:

http://www.politicalforum.com/member-casual-chat/

You could even just copy ideas from Bushie's Update, if you don't have any good material in your own life to use.  Just start with "I have a Valentine of the female gender….", and go from there.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:36 PM »

So, within the broader Update narrative, are we to take this as a DC-Comics-crossover-style Event, or what? If so, can we title the next thread 'Crisis on Infinite Fora'?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2015, 02:46:42 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2015, 02:56:05 PM by Joe Republic »

My poll asking if Barack Obama is a freedom fighter or a horrible person did not pass muster, unfortunately.

I went with Cole Joseph, because I liked Griffin's idea:

Only if all of our names begin with "Cole"

but i guess nobody else did

I say each post we submit contain at least one Atlas Forum-only meme.  You know, FF/HP, it your chose, I will now accept my accolades, congrats Phil, etc.

Cole story, bro! Excellent news.

Backstory: a year or two ago, someone went creeping on FitzGerald for some odd reason and found out he frequented some OWS forums or something. About a dozen of us (Xahar, BK, myself and others whose names I forget) decided to "crash" their forum chatroom. I don't remember specifics (I think the admin's real name was "Cole" and that's where it came from), but ultimately, all of us kept going in and out of the chatroom with varied usernames featuring "cole". There was "colestorybro", "coleonoscopy", "coleminer", "coledasice", "coleslaw", "coledplay" and on and on. We all got banned and I don't think anyone was ever able to actually see the thread itself, but on that forum there is a big thread called "Attack of the Coles" that documented our invasion.

At any rate, I shall be creating a "cole" name on there very shortly as well!

Oh man I wish I'd known all that before!  I would have gone with Cole's Law for this place.  Whatevski.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 03:21:40 PM »

I think these folks have a high tolerance for wackiness. I've made a bunch of insane posts so far including one semi-troll post and they haven't even noticed.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »

My contribution: http://www.politicalforum.com/elections-campaigns/404734-there-too-many-moderate-heroes-true-leftists-running.html
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 05:18:06 PM »

Duke is funny.  "A strong, abusive relationship with our lord"?  Lol.

http://www.politicalforum.com/showthread.php?t=404736&p=1064913306#post1064913306
TTS1996
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »

Lok, I may be barking at the moon from way outside the tent here but hasn’t Update been divided between

a)   A few good sincere people exasperated with Jeff for his bad choices despite their good advice and
b)   Anyone who needed their own life validating making up for that by laughing at this bloke’s crap choices, and bullying the life out of the prat (not that I don’t fall into b when his life choices fall into farce)

But isn’t following him over to another site when he drifts away from here, then planning a campaign of takeover, just really really really (b) not (a)?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »

Lok, I may be barking at the moon from way outside the tent here but hasn’t Update been divided between

a)   A few good sincere people exasperated with Jeff for his bad choices despite their good advice and
b)   Anyone who needed their own life validating making up for that by laughing at this bloke’s crap choices, and bullying the life out of the prat (not that I don’t fall into b when his life choices fall into farce)

But isn’t following him over to another site when he drifts away from here, then planning a campaign of takeover, just really really really (b) not (a)?

If you go back and read the original threads, it is overwhelmingly well meaning people trying to counsel Bushie and prevent him from going to jail for money laundering. Over time, people get more and more incredulous at his ridiculous choices and lack of logical reasoning for any of his actions.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 06:21:36 PM »

I tried to post but it said a moderator has to approve it first. Is this normal? What a sh**tty system.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 07:01:00 PM »

It's got a really ugly design too.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

I tried to post but it said a moderator has to approve it first. Is this normal? What a sh**tty system.

Yes, it's normal, at least at first.  I made about five posts on mod review, before they let me start posting in real time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »

I created a troll thread. I used FF in there, so I suggest we flood it with posts playing on the FF/HP dynamic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies