What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:26:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 638476 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #350 on: April 13, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »

The Three Stooges

Wildly uneven. There were some genuinely very funny bits but also a lot of awkward/boring stuff. Spot on impressions of the Stooges by the actors though, especially from the unknown playing Moe. Surprisingly good soundtrack too.

The trailer looked like an utter trainwreck. The reviews haven't been strong but haven't been that negative. So the reviews are sort of accurate?

Yeah, the reviews are pretty accurate. The first trailer definitely made it look worse than it is. This kind of reminds me of what happened with the first G.I. Joe movie. Most people were expecting it to be one of the worst movies ever made but instead it ended up being a moderately entertaining (albeit very forgettable) action movie.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2012, 04:26:00 AM »

Fargo

I had seen it before many years ago but I didn't remember it too well.

It's an interesting film. You really can't go wrong with Buscemi. Great score too. 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #352 on: May 01, 2012, 03:29:14 AM »

Reservoir Dogs. The plot was somewhat incoherent, but the acting was excellent.

I seem to be in the minority but I regard that as one of QT's weaker films. Still pretty good though.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #353 on: May 01, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2012, 09:35:38 PM by Eraserhead »

When well received "event" movies come out, they tend to always debut pretty high on imdb. It'll drop back soon enough. To be fair though, the movie is getting pretty incredible reviews from actual critics.

And yes, it doesn't come out nationwide in the States until 12 AM Friday.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #354 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:31 PM »

So, how much do we expect Chernobyl Diaries to suck by?

Not sure but I certainly don't have any interest in it. The found footage genre blows in general as far as I'm concerned.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #355 on: May 01, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »

I wanna see Roger Ebert's thoughts on the Avengers before I see it.  I thought Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, etc. sucked and Ebert was the only major reviewer thumbs down on all three.  If he likes this, then maybe it's different.

Actually, Ebert liked Captain America and Iron Man 2. He gave them both 3/4. He notoriously hated Thor though. Only gave that 1.5/4.

Personally I've liked all of the Marvel Studios movies except for Iron Man 2. What did you think of the first Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2012, 03:07:16 AM »
« Edited: May 02, 2012, 01:15:58 PM by Eraserhead »

I wanna see Roger Ebert's thoughts on the Avengers before I see it.  I thought Captain America, Thor, Iron Man 2, etc. sucked and Ebert was the only major reviewer thumbs down on all three.  If he likes this, then maybe it's different.

Actually, Ebert liked Captain America and Iron Man 2. He gave them both 3/4. He notoriously hated Thor though. Only gave that 1.5/4.

Personally I've liked all of the Marvel Studios movies except for Iron Man 2. What did you think of the first Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk?

Still, 3/4 is his "meh it does it's job" rating, not a go see it one.  (He gave 4/4 to TDK, BB, IM and SM 2 for example). I really liked the first Iron Man.  The Incredible Hulk was decent, but Ruffalo replacing Norton?  I'm not so sure.

Many of the reviews are saying that Ruffalo/Hulk actually steals the movie. I'm hopeful.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2012, 04:10:02 AM »

The Avengers

If you want to watch a comic movie with a meaningful story that can be interpreted on several different levels, try The Dark Knight or Watchmen. If you want to clap, laugh and genuinely have a lot of fun, this is your movie! If you're a comic fan, it is littered with geek-out moments... and if you're not, chances are you'll find plenty to enjoy in it anyway.

One note: I was very hyped up for this movie and I feel like I probably spoiled a few too many key scenes for myself by reading a bunch of reviews and some stuff on message boards. If you're gonna go, do your best to avoid spoilers beforehand!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2012, 04:56:37 AM »

The Avengers

The problem is that it was too long, since it didn't get too exciting until the big battle with Loki's army at the end. But that alone was payoff well worth it. Definitely a solid winner with Whedon's influence on it clear.

Did you see the regular version or the 3D version?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »

^The White Ribbon has been on my watch list for a while now. I really do have to check it out.

Me too. Although I might give the 3D a shot at some point if I have time (of course, only because it's free for me).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2012, 05:47:59 AM »

Adaptation

Brilliant. I wish I had watched it a lot sooner.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »

The Dictator (2012). I can handle a misogyny-themed comedy, but one extended rape joke in the middle of the movie really went beyond the pale, IMO.

I haven't seen the entire movie but I did catch the joke you were referring to and I found it totally awkward and unfunny.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #362 on: June 08, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »

Prometheus

I'm not someone who generally cares for 3D but it was simply incredible in this. Wow.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #363 on: July 03, 2012, 02:51:36 AM »

The Amazing Spider-Man

Mostly good. It did drag at times. Solid performances from the two leads. Somewhat goofy villain. I enjoyed it more than the Raimi movies (with the possible exception of the second one).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #364 on: July 20, 2012, 06:15:30 AM »

The Dark Knight Rises

I think this Chris Nolan fellow could be going places.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #365 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:15 AM »

Rampart

Eh, it had a good lead performance from Harrelson but otherwise it was surprisingly boring. I guess I was hoping for something that'd be in the same league as Bad Lieutenant. Not even close. It wasn't terrible, just disappointing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2012, 07:38:42 AM »

The Master

Absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite of the year so far. Hopefully Phoenix will win Best Actor for this. I think the most surprising thing about it was just how funny it was.

It's definitely an acquired taste though. I've heard from many people who hated it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »

Looper

Quite the mind f[inks]k of a movie. Really good.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19:45 AM »

Dredd

Unique, fun and incredibly violent. Don't overthink it though obviously. Too bad it's bombing, I would have liked to have seen a sequel.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2012, 01:11:55 AM »

Easily There Will Be Blood. I haven't seen Punch-Drunk Love yet but I can't see an Adam Sandler movie topping that one.

It won't top TWBB for you but I really think you'd like it. Sandler is honestly great in it and I'm someone who genuinely can't stand him at all 95% of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies