Revealing Map of MO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:16:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Revealing Map of MO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Revealing Map of MO  (Read 733 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: April 28, 2022, 03:07:06 PM »

I do not consider Kansas City a sun belt city.

I agree 100%. No part of MO is in the Sun Belt. Here is what would be in the Sun Belt: SoCal, NV, AZ, NM, CO, UT, TX, GA, FL and NC. Technically, in a strictly geographical sense, LA, MS, AL and SC would be 'Sun Belt states', too, but let's not fool ourselves here.

South Carolina is definitely more of a Sun Belt state than New Mexico is

That's a good point. I guess these'd be the Sun Belt states then:

CA is Undecided because parts of SoCal are in the Sun Belt but much of the state (such as the Bay Area) is not.

ID is Undecided because it's geographically much further to the north than the other Sun Belt states but is similar in that it's growing very rapidly. KS is a more moderate example of this - further south, but also growing less rapidly.

Growth patterns in Nashville, Northwest Arkansas, both metro areas in Oklahoma, and Hunstville/Mobile are pretty "sunbelt."

Really though the term isn't really best used as a classification in this way--it's imprecise shorthand for "rapidly growing postwar metroes in a nice climate" which has its place but shouldn't be endlessly debated over because it's a fuzzy term, even more so than most American regional divisions.

I don't know Kansas City super well to say, but there absolutely cities which are missing the "nice climate" part of the equation but which bear a strong resemblance to typical "sunbelt" cities otherwise--I'm thinking especially of Columbus here.

Horrific city lines are also a clear indicator of being a sun belt city so Columbus is definitely one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies