MA-UMass Amherst (D primary): Markey +18/+15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:00:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MA-UMass Amherst (D primary): Markey +18/+15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-UMass Amherst (D primary): Markey +18/+15  (Read 1744 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« on: August 15, 2020, 11:25:46 PM »
« edited: August 16, 2020, 01:41:31 AM by South Dakota Democrat »

Jeeeeezzzzz. Did Kennedy kick your dogs? I don't get what he's done to be so unpopular here

Why should he be popular? He’s opportunistically primarying one of the most progressive senators from slightly to the right.

It's not even about being popular. It's that Markey polls better and Atlas is borderline rejoicing at it and saying Kennedy's career is possibly finished. Holy crap. If/when Warren gets put into the Biden cabinet her position will be tantamount to election for another Democrat and Kennedy will have another opportunity then.

If he can't win against a once unknown but relatively productive Senator, what makes you think he'll win a primary as a retread against someone like Ayanna Pressely?

Again... my observation is that the guy seems almost downright disliked here. I am not expecting him to be popular. This is literally the only case (aside from Trump) where someone is losing and there almost seems to be a reaction of joy. If there's something about Kennedy's policies that make people dislike him so much I'd want to be enlightened to it because someone else here would know better than me.

I'll be honest, I dislike him at this point, and will be very happy if he loses.  Just doesn't sit well to me to challenge a sitting senator from the right, in a Democratic primary, just because you think you're entitled to the seat because you're a Kennedy.  I'm sorry, but what's his actual rationale for running?  Just seems like a very arrogant guy, and I hope his career is finished.

Edit:  Also, I have no idea why I am somehow supposed to feel sorry for him that his career will be over if he loses.  That's a risk that he took when he challenged an incumbent senator in the primary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies