Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:26:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164680 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2009, 02:16:29 PM »

What exactly, in your mind, are our current elected officials doing to defy regional governments their own self-governance (granted we did have some support the stimulus)? And what makes your party different than ours in that respect? Just curious.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1376 on: November 09, 2009, 02:17:44 PM »

What exactly, in your mind, are our current elected officials doing to defy regional governments their own self-governance (granted we did have some support the stimulus)? And what makes your party different than ours in that respect? Just curious.

My party has not yet clearly defined itself, but as stated, we support small government and personal freedoms. Some in the PCP do,a s well, but not the majority. I have class right now and will elaborate further upon my return.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1377 on: November 09, 2009, 02:22:59 PM »

Looking forward to it. "Small government and personal freedoms" is such a vague term that it can mean anything. A party our size cannot have everyone believing in the exact same ideology, it would be too difficult, but I would argue we do have more social liberals/moderates than social conservatives, as well as nearly universal right of center economic conservatives (except tmth), but I realize your and Eigzine's definitions differ from the rest of us.

There are differences in your party though. If I recall, you are against free-trade, and Eigzine is pro-free trade! Just food for thought.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1378 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

im pro-free trade when it is mutual. im against free trade with places that manipulate their home markets like china and japan
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1379 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:01 PM »

Like I said, the ARC is not "Hamilton Party".
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1380 on: November 09, 2009, 02:44:15 PM »

But you are the figurehead of the party, just as every other party has figureheads (except the NLF). And you made the claim no other party adheres to principles. Thus, I was just defending this party against those claims, pointing out that there are differences in the "ARC" as well. No party can have a single ideology or litmus test. Each goes through phases. It's unrealistic to expect any of us to elect ONLY libertarians or ONLY people to adhere to one principle, especially if their ideology is far out of the mainstream (not saying yours is, but I don't know what the ideology is of the ARC yet).
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1381 on: November 09, 2009, 02:47:35 PM »

let me answer that when i get out of class
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1382 on: November 09, 2009, 02:57:56 PM »

We have a variety of ideologies in our party. Each of us could find things that we disagree with each other on. But for the most part none of us will run against another party member (much like the members of any other party are). And no matter how much anyone favors small government, you won't get it in Atlasia.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1383 on: November 09, 2009, 03:02:45 PM »

It doesnt mean we should abandon attempts to represent those principles.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1384 on: November 09, 2009, 03:07:10 PM »

I'm curious to see what you have to say, because you have called us the "party of no" in the past when we opposed these spending measures. I'd like to hear what you would've done differently so that your party is not the "party of no" either.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #1385 on: November 09, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »

I'm curious to see what you have to say, because you have called us the "party of no" in the past when we opposed these spending measures. I'd like to hear what you would've done differently so that your party is not the "party of no" either.

Look at my platform for an example of progressive libertarianism.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1386 on: November 10, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »

After doing some thinking, I have decided to resign from my post as Vice-Chairman of the Progressive Conservative Party.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1387 on: November 10, 2009, 08:01:43 PM »

After doing some thinking, I have decided to resign from my post as Vice-Chairman of the Progressive Conservative Party.

The party has lost its way. You made the right choice, I'm sure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1388 on: November 14, 2009, 08:09:46 PM »

I am here to announce that I am stepping down as Chairman of the Progressive Conservative Party. It has been a wild ride over the past few months. I've witnessed many, many events that have caused me to rethink what the purpose of this party is, and what the purpose of Atlasia is as a whole. First off, I would like to thank my supporters, who have helped me tremendously through the difficult times since I took over in August. You are what makes Atlasia great.

But, I fear the worst is yet to come. Recently, the attacks have become more and more personal. I've seen members physical attributes under attack. I've been told I was "the biggest retard ever" and one person went as far as to say they wish I "would just go die." When it becomes that personal, that inappropriate, it is time to rethink why one is in the game. It should not be that way. This is why people do not want to participate in it. Perhaps I wasn't the best chairman in the world. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to make 1000 posts a month, monitor the "who's online" area to see who could be my best recruit, or respond to PMs within the hour. I don't know. I did what I could do, while trying to decipher the zombies, backroom deals, and strategic recruiting that occurred behind my back.

Before I go, I just want to call to an end to all this crap, or else Atlasia is doomed to return to the days in 2006, where no one wanted to be involved with it. We need to end these personal attacks and return to attacks on ideas. We need to return to an age where friendships meant something, not where each person is subject to being thrown under the bus for political gain. These are the days we need to return to, not the current climate we currently are seeing. It's disgusting. I'm sorry I've learned some of the things  I know about these people.

I hope that the right leaning people are able to unify in order to advance our principles of a less intrusive federal government and lower spending, because our undoing is our fault alone, and not that of the left. But right now, I fear, we will be spending a good amount of time in the wilderness before we ever have the chance to compete nationally again. That's just our climate.

To my successor in the PCP, good luck. Running this party is not easy, with so many egos in the room, but I hope that you are successful in your endeavors, because this party has never been about me, it has been about the cause. After all, the better this party does, the better off the voice of all right leaning individuals is. Thanks and good luck to all.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1389 on: November 14, 2009, 08:23:02 PM »

Even though I left during the final moments of your tenure, my decision was not because of you. I've always maintained that you were a fine chairman, but that there were certain problems that you could not fix, nor anyone could fix, so you were blamed for it. The RPP/PCP is heading towards a new phase, and that is why I left. I cannot take the insufferable, childish infighting that has been going on since August, when I joined. I look at the other parties, and they are not in a state of constant civil war. I mean sure, they have their differences, but it never escalates to the rudeness and unbelieveable hatred some members display toward other each other. I've been accused of being a "Hamilton crony", while some members have been insulted even further.

That is why I have become an Independent, and I choose to remain so until I find a party that fits me. Unless the RPP cleans itself up internally, I will not be returning.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1390 on: November 14, 2009, 10:03:17 PM »

Even though I left during the final moments of your tenure, my decision was not because of you. I've always maintained that you were a fine chairman, but that there were certain problems that you could not fix, nor anyone could fix, so you were blamed for it. The RPP/PCP is heading towards a new phase, and that is why I left. I cannot take the insufferable, childish infighting that has been going on since August, when I joined. I look at the other parties, and they are not in a state of constant civil war. I mean sure, they have their differences, but it never escalates to the rudeness and unbelieveable hatred some members display toward other each other. I've been accused of being a "Hamilton crony", while some members have been insulted even further.

That is why I have become an Independent, and I choose to remain so until I find a party that fits me. Unless the RPP cleans itself up internally, I will not be returning.

What happened to you is remarkably similar to what happened to Vepres back a few months. The fact the we let it happen again just makes it all the more stupid. A lesson for the future that this time will be paid attention to.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #1391 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »

Shouldn't we go ahead and vote in a new Chair?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1392 on: November 14, 2009, 10:17:34 PM »

Shouldn't we go ahead and vote in a new Chair?

Yea, we should at least start the vote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1393 on: November 14, 2009, 10:20:14 PM »

I guess this makes me acting chairman, so we will need to hold elections on a new permanent chairman. Anyone who wants to run will have 48 hours to declare.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1394 on: November 14, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »

I am running for the Chairmenship of the Progressive Conservative Party.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1395 on: November 14, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »

I am here to announce that I am stepping down as Chairman of the Progressive Conservative Party. It has been a wild ride over the past few months. I've witnessed many, many events that have caused me to rethink what the purpose of this party is, and what the purpose of Atlasia is as a whole. First off, I would like to thank my supporters, who have helped me tremendously through the difficult times since I took over in August. You are what makes Atlasia great.

But, I fear the worst is yet to come. Recently, the attacks have become more and more personal. I've seen members physical attributes under attack. I've been told I was "the biggest retard ever" and one person went as far as to say they wish I "would just go die." When it becomes that personal, that inappropriate, it is time to rethink why one is in the game. It should not be that way. This is why people do not want to participate in it. Perhaps I wasn't the best chairman in the world. Maybe it was because I wasn't able to make 1000 posts a month, monitor the "who's online" area to see who could be my best recruit, or respond to PMs within the hour. I don't know. I did what I could do, while trying to decipher the zombies, backroom deals, and strategic recruiting that occurred behind my back.

Before I go, I just want to call to an end to all this crap, or else Atlasia is doomed to return to the days in 2006, where no one wanted to be involved with it. We need to end these personal attacks and return to attacks on ideas. We need to return to an age where friendships meant something, not where each person is subject to being thrown under the bus for political gain. These are the days we need to return to, not the current climate we currently are seeing. It's disgusting. I'm sorry I've learned some of the things  I know about these people.

I hope that the right leaning people are able to unify in order to advance our principles of a less intrusive federal government and lower spending, because our undoing is our fault alone, and not that of the left. But right now, I fear, we will be spending a good amount of time in the wilderness before we ever have the chance to compete nationally again. That's just our climate.

To my successor in the PCP, good luck. Running this party is not easy, with so many egos in the room, but I hope that you are successful in your endeavors, because this party has never been about me, it has been about the cause. After all, the better this party does, the better off the voice of all right leaning individuals is. Thanks and good luck to all.

You were not the reason of my defection either. You were a good Chairman, if anybody else had been in charge, the defections would have been 10X worse than already. My new Party, the Democratic Alliance is almost never at each other's throats. The RPP was created to unite the Right (neat rhyme huh?) While what it only succeeded in was dividing the Right in the face of a much more united Left. And when Atlasia is almost 60% leftist, the Right cannot afford to splinter in the face of a united foe. I may very well return to the PCP one day, and the first step to regaining the defectors of this Party is to elect an Chairperson that can bring the right together.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1396 on: November 14, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »

I agree, it is time to end this cut-throat environment. In the past few weeks I've resigned myself to simply watching things unfold. I've gotten tired of holding grudges, instead focusing on my job as GM and on internal party matters. When this game becomes centered around personal hatreds, it becomes less of a political simulation and more of a "tea party" rally.

I'm afraid your resignation, Duke, will not have the desired impact on the game. I hope I'm wrong.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1397 on: November 15, 2009, 03:08:56 AM »

I wish it would, but I fear the negative aspects of the game will only get worse before those who are sane come up and say "enough is enough." There are certain elements in the game that play it to an unfair advantage, using dishonestly and other means to gain power, or other questionable methods to build up voter rolls. These were aspects of the game of which I had no control over, and I could not, in good conscious, continue to lead the party while receiving threats against my life and intelligence. All in all, I felt like I did the best I could given the situation at hand when I took over as chairman. I attempted to please those and create a happy medium between the factions, but it was never enough, and the attacks got more and more vile, the backroom secrecy become worse and worse, and it just got to the point where I could no longer handle it. The zombie recruiting and strategic registration aspects have been purged to another party, which I will not name, but whether that practice will continue or not remains to be seen. All of those aforementioned things were, again, things I could not stop if the party engaging in them was unwilling to listen.

We'll see how the next chairman does, but I fear it will only get worse in Atlasia before it gets better. I hope the PCP shapes up.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #1398 on: November 15, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »

The RPP had two major roadblocks that were stopping us for the last few months: Tmth and Hamilton

With both of them gone things should be much easier to run.  Seriously, ever problem stemmed from these two trying to seize power anyone they could.  At this time, for reasons I do not wish to disclose but has been discussed on the private forum (which is why I am sure Hamilton and Xahar do not have access or they would have disclosed them) I cannot return to my post as chair.  With that, I endorse someone who I know will restore the order that existed before my depature as chair (which is not Duke's fault it was more of prediction of that if you caved to Tmth and Hamilton a little they'd demand a lot), my former running mate, NCYankee
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1399 on: November 15, 2009, 12:29:02 PM »

The RPP reminds me of the GOP.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies