Romney Outlines Health Care Plan Using the Consumer Model (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:20:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney Outlines Health Care Plan Using the Consumer Model (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney Outlines Health Care Plan Using the Consumer Model  (Read 3073 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: June 14, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »

At least he has a plan, and actually a pretty decent plan, at that.  Before he was decrying ObamaCare with no plan on his own to back it up.  The current system is not working, and Romney knows that, so I'm glad he put his plan out there on the table.

And his "plan" is absurd. Inefficient healthcare with an outrageous price tag.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:22:07 AM »

And in some states, the governments feel that the best way to care for people is to not care at all.

Don't forget: Healthcare is a product like any other. I mean, you don't expect government to help you buy new tires for your car, right? (Although gas prices need to be low! Government does need to solve that urgent problem. How else could Soccer Moms drive their 15 mpg minivans back and forth to Wal Mart?)

Just get a job. Then you can buy private insurance at a market rate. What, the 50% co-pay is a problem? Well, it's not my problem if you get sick. We need more personal responsibility as the founders intended!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 09:26:22 AM »

Poor states are going to need some money from some place to care for their impecunious uninsured sicks.  That's the bottom line Mitt.
I don't see why that is necessarily the case. The poorest state in the US(Mississippi) has a GDP per capita comparable to that of South Korea and Israel, which both manage to fund their healthcare without any outside assistance.

Somehow I don't think that would translate well to the States. There are just so many variables in play. For example, to start off, Mississippi is full of sedentary fats.

who would also prefer to take blood pressure medicine, inject insulin, etc. rather than walk a block.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies