Ohio challenge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:32:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Ohio challenge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio challenge  (Read 45787 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: January 10, 2005, 02:19:31 AM »
« edited: January 10, 2005, 02:24:51 AM by jimrtex »

This happened in county after county.
Which counties?
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 04:44:19 PM »

You can read observer accounts from most of the counties at http://www.votecobb.org
According to one of their regional recount coordinators--I can't recall his name right now--only 2 of the 88 counties chose the test precincts randomly.  When you read the observer accounts, you will see many of the situations I described.
I looked at the report for Champaign County.  Why are the observers anonymized?  The affidavit on the web site misreported the total vote in the county by a factor of 10X (180,000+ votes).  Who is responsible for this error?  David Cobb?
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 05:08:41 AM »

I looked at the report for Champaign County.  Why are the observers anonymized?
I don't know; this seems to be the case for every county.  It's curious but unimportant, I think.
The election law permits each candidate appoint a recount observer in each county.  Surely the candidate must provide some documentation as to whom they have appointed, and this must be have validated by the county election board before admitting the observers to the recount (in Champaign County it was noted that the GOP had sent two observors, one for Bush and one for Cheney, and one was denied admittance.  So the name of the observers must be a matter of public record, and likely included in the documentation of the recount by the county election board.  So it seems totally bizarre that they were anonymized.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
That is obviously a typo:  190,808 instead of 19,088.  This is made clear by the rest of the sentence:  "three percent of this total is 572."[/quote]
Who is responsible for the error, and why hasn't it been corrected?
Is there a written version of Ohio's recount regulations available on the web?

I would assume that David Cobb is ultimately responsible for any errors, even typos, on his website--although the fault probably lies with either the person who filed the report or with the webmaster.[/quote]
If Secretary of State Blackwell is going to be responsible for every mistake in Ohio, why shouldn't candidate Cobb take responsiblity for the recount effort that he has instigated.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies