This is the kind of school indoctrination that Republicans support (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This is the kind of school indoctrination that Republicans support (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This is the kind of school indoctrination that Republicans support  (Read 5504 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: September 09, 2009, 06:12:14 PM »

To all the people who are getting hung up on the Negro thing, even ignoring that, the speech is still not something the President should be saying to schoolchildren.

I will agree. Schools should be free from indoctrination.

Public schools are entirely indoctrination. My children will never attend.

What schools aren't?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »

Wow...that's as wrong as telling them that god is as real as me or you.  god shouldn't be brought up outside of a class on religion, history or culture and even then there shouldn't be any pro or anti god opinion coming from the teacher or the text books.

It's too bad we don't live in a perfect world....probably be boring though.

For the record, I attended Bakersfield, CA public schools- I believe it has the most churches per capita in the entire world, and consistently elects religious nut jobs to the school board. I can only imagine how bad it is in more "liberal" areas.

I'll help you out here.

It isn't a problem.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:53:33 PM »

Wow...that's as wrong as telling them that god is as real as me or you.  god shouldn't be brought up outside of a class on religion, history or culture and even then there shouldn't be any pro or anti god opinion coming from the teacher or the text books.

It's too bad we don't live in a perfect world....probably be boring though.

For the record, I attended Bakersfield, CA public schools- I believe it has the most churches per capita in the entire world, and consistently elects religious nut jobs to the school board. I can only imagine how bad it is in more "liberal" areas.

I'll help you out here.

It isn't a problem.

I know the same problems exist in San Diego, CA and New Jersey, so, way to be an idiot again. No surprise, of course.

My anecdotal evidence is every bit as good as yours.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies