Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:09:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lumine playing politics wih Tyrion's nomination for VP  (Read 2283 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 19, 2014, 02:43:50 AM »
« edited: August 19, 2014, 02:45:34 AM by Governor Simfan »

Many on the right voted for an administration that they imagined would be considerably less left-wing than the one we have. I don't know why you are all so shocked and appalled that they now seem to be lashing out at it. For all the hubabaloo about the fact DemPGH was elected let us also member the Senate is also elected by the people, last I checked. Being elected, as you all mention, doesn't give one some sort of carte blanche. Which this administration has increasingly acted like it has a right to.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:15:30 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2014, 11:42:59 AM by Governor Simfan »

Many on the right voted for an administration that they imagined would be considerably less left-wing than the one we have. I don't know why you are all so shocked and appalled that they now seem to be lashing out at it.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Are you implying that individuals can retroactively alter their votes? TPP also voted for Lumine; do we get to recall him because he changed parties mid-term and didn't do or serve exactly as implied? If not, then guess what: there's always the next election!

Are you suggesting that voting for someone compels a person to slavishly follow their every desire, come what may? You are suggesting the opposition does not have the right to oppose the government.

For all the hubabaloo about the fact DemPGH was elected let us also member the Senate is also elected by the people, last I checked. Being elected, as you all mention, doesn't give one some sort of carte blanche. Which this administration has increasingly acted like it has a right to.

Again, I must ask a seemingly ridiculous question: are we in a parliamentary democracy? If not, then the two have nothing to do with one another in terms of a singular mandate. I still don't understand your point, as the majority of regions elected Labor representation to the Senate, the two at-large Labor candidates who won Senate seats in the past election ranked #1 and #2 in number of preferences, and a majority of voters elected a Labor President and Labor Vice-President understanding full good and well that there were 5 Labor Senators at the time and likely to be 5 after the fact.

Also, please cite what exactly DemPGH has overreached on (and before you say anything about the power debate, please make the distinction between a bill and a law).

It's so cute when you go all populist and pretend to love Athenian democracy or some equivalent.

Do you believe this nonsensical justification? Your majorities in some category or another force Senators to bow to the will of the Labor Party? Do you seriously believe this? Representatives of three parties- the TPP, Federalist, and the DRs, have come out in opposition. Last I checked there were more people in those parties combined than in Labor.

I'm sorry, but I doubt you'll be short-circuiting this.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »

See,  the thing is I nearly voted for DemPGH, the moderate Laborite. And look where we are. It's difficult to find such declarations of "moderate Laborites" plausible at this point; even Adam openly admitted those that don't toe the party line would face difficulties getting elected. As far as I'm concerned I'm more likely to see a unicorn than a "moderate Laborite" in a position of power...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 12:36:45 PM »

I assume you Laborites would have eagerly supported the appointment of Robert Bork, yes?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 01:07:44 PM »

You're right, bore. But it would just not be logical for the opposition to just hand over control of the Senate. I think people are forgetting that aspect.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 12:19:35 PM »

Well, I am treating the Amendment as another Laborite plot that must be vociferously opposed.

Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies