Which posters take jokes too seriously? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:15:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which posters take jokes too seriously? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which posters take jokes too seriously?  (Read 1024 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: October 02, 2022, 01:33:04 PM »

Fuzzy and OSR don’t. That is a lie, I have mocked them plenty of times.

The real ones who do take things too seriously are often green avatars actually. Technically Calthrina is the biggest culprit, but I think he admits he has trouble knowing what is and isn’t a joke and it’s not out of arrogance but actual inability so I think that should be noted. TimTurner is like this but to a much lesser extent.
MarkD is another example on the top of my head who genuinely comes off as pompous.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 01:34:23 PM »

Wait are you talking about people who take everything too seriously or have a "dry" sense of humor, because those are two very different things. I don't see the posters you mentioned as having much of a sense of humor at all, dry or otherwise.
I guess they’re not exactly the same, but I would say there’s a very high correlation. People who have a dry sense of humor tend to take things too seriously. But for the purposes of this thread, who are the Atlasians who take everything way too seriously?

When I think "dry" sense of humor, I think of like a sarcastic, deadpan style that's popular in British comedy for example. I don't think lacking one entirely.

Anyway, you already mentioned Ferguson and Fuzzy who are some of the first to come to mind for taking everything too seriously IMO. Can't really think of other obvious examples off the top of my head.
OSR is just like Fuzzy in that both of them get extremely offended whenever someone makes a lighthearted joke about them, and they’ll usually follow up with a post thoroughly explaining why they do not believe what the joke says they believe. Also, I don’t think I’ve ever seen OSR or Fuzzy try to make a joke. Sure, some of their takes are hilarious, but those don’t count since they didn’t intend for them to be funny.

GMac is also like this, but at least I’ve seen him make jokes before.

Fuzzy is honestly a good sport, his problem is that sometimes he is too thick to even know it is a joke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies