MD-GOV: O'Malley and Duncan lead Ehrlich.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 01:34:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MD-GOV: O'Malley and Duncan lead Ehrlich.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MD-GOV: O'Malley and Duncan lead Ehrlich.  (Read 1231 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2006, 08:03:26 AM »
« edited: April 18, 2006, 08:09:52 AM by nickshepDEM »

Gonzales Research:

MARYLAND GOVERNOR
Martin O’Malley (D) 46%
Bob Ehrlich (R) 41%

Doug Duncan (D) 44%
Bob Ehrlich (R) 42%

MARYLAND GOVERNOR - DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
O’Malley 44%
Duncan 35%

Who do you hold most responsible for the increase in utility rates?
Constellation Energy 40%
General Assembly 34%
Governor 12%

*(This is saving Ehrlich.  If the sh**t would have landed on him, it would be game over, but as it stands now, the dem's could lose some ground in the legislature if they dont pass some form of reform ASAP)*

MARYLAND COMPTROLLER - DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Schaefer 40%
Franchot 33%
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »

i believe we can take this poll with a grain of salt.

anyone who would vote for o'malley is a moron.  i dont believe 46% of marylanders are moronic.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »

This is no difference compared to the last Gonzalez poll. I wonder whether the last Rasmussen was an out-lier?
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 11:07:34 AM »

Exactly. 

This group trends Democrat beyond the more reputable firms, as can be seen by their new MD senate poll.

To all the radiclibs who are dancing in delusion because of this poll, I say, wait until election day. Smiley
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 12:24:12 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2006, 12:27:26 PM by nickshepDEM »

Exactly. 

This group trends Democrat beyond the more reputable firms, as can be seen by their new MD senate poll.

To all the radiclibs who are dancing in delusion because of this poll, I say, wait until election day. Smiley

No, you're simply delusional about Steele's chances of winning.

Gonzales has an excellent track record in MD, argueably the best.  He's based in MD, specializes in the MD market, and has never shown bias in any of his polls.  Which can even be confirmed by Coneservative MD Blogger David Wissing over at the Hedgehog Report.  As a matter of fact, the firm was co-owned by Republican up until a year or so ago.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006, 12:33:59 PM »

anyone who would vote for o'malley is a moron.  i dont believe 46% of marylanders are moronic.

Democrats outnumber Republicans nearly 2 to 1 in MD.  Even if Ehrlich was an excellent Governor, which he is not, he would still have an uphill battle on his hands.  And seeing that he has been just an OK governor with a severe lack of accomplishments, he's going to struggle all the way until election day.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

Is Gonzales going to keep polling up until the end of polling season this time around?  In 2004, his last poll was on October 5, so there really wasn't a good comparison with other polling companies, though the last results were within the final MOE.

Anyway, this is the race that should be interesting.  (not the other, unless Mfume wins primary)  I might point out that both results are within MOE, just because I'm a generous guy.  Smiley

The primary surprises me.  I hadn't expected it to be this close, frankly.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »

MARYLAND COMPTROLLER - DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
Schaefer 40%
Franchot 33%

Franchot is clearly the better candidate, and I expect him to win in the end.  Schaefer is getting to be senile.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 04:28:14 PM »

Democrats outnumber Republicans nearly 2 to 1 in MD.  Even if Ehrlich was an excellent Governor, which he is not, he would still have an uphill battle on his hands.  And seeing that he has been just an OK governor with a severe lack of accomplishments, he's going to struggle all the way until election day.

If you really think O'Malley is competent you are fooling yourself. I have family that work with him personally and I also plenty of my relatives work for the city. And he has not cleaned up the city. They've simply fudged numbers, changed the severity of crimes, and run the drugs underground.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 04:46:42 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2006, 04:48:27 PM by nickshepDEM »

The only competent person on the ballot for governor is Duncan.

By the way, the city is without a doubt better off today than it was when O'Malley took office.  Graduation rates are up, test scores are up, violent crime is down (murders are up, but violent crime is down), drug use and addiction is down, and everywhere you look the city is being developed and renovated. The problem is, people believe the city should be turned around overnight.  These type of things are marathons, not sprints.

With that said, Ive never been a huge O'Malley fan.  I believe he's running for governor as a springboard for national politics.  He definitely has a mentality of looking out for himself and his career advancement.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 05:00:29 PM »

By the way, the city is without a doubt better off today than it was when O'Malley took office.  Graduation rates are up, test scores are up, violent crime is down (murders are up, but violent crime is down), drug use and addiction is down, and everywhere you look the city is being developed and renovated. The problem is, people believe the city should be turned around overnight.  These type of things are marathons, not sprints.

The only reason violent crime is down is because the formely felony called "assault and battery" was downgraded to simple assault. Property crime is down because "breaking and entering" was changed to simple "destruction of property". I know this to be for fact as my stepfather was a Baltimore County officer for over 30 years and has plenty of friends who work in high places in the city.

Drug use and addiction is not down, the open air markets that O'Malley paraded as being "destroyed" have been run underground into vacant buildings, etc. I know this to be for a fact as my uncle works for a department of the city (I won't mention the name of it here in public, pm if you want to know) who has dealt on almost a daily basis with his employees going to buy drugs from the aforementioned markets. The morale of city employees in that department is very low as they are even more poorly paid then that job is paid here in rural Florida. White bosses are basically forbidden from firing an incompetent employee because of accusations of "racism" and the paperwork gets "tied up" down at city hall.

My cousin is a personal friend of Mayor O'Malley, he tries to defend him to me but he admits he is probably one of the weakest mayors Baltimore has had in a long time. That uncle is head of the Traffic Light division for the city of Baltimore and was on CNN a while back about some silly missing traffic lights.

Yes, the city in many places is being rennovated but not in a way that any working blue collar person could afford. The poor and criminal element are being driven away from the city into Baltimore county and Anne Arundel county.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 06:00:20 PM »

Reagan Raider, whoever is providing you with poll information is dead wrong.  Gonzales has an excellent record; you are probably confusing it with nearly every other one-state polling groups.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies