Sherrod Brown: Medicare for all not 'practical' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:24:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sherrod Brown: Medicare for all not 'practical' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown: Medicare for all not 'practical'  (Read 3806 times)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:52 AM »

One more gaffe and I’m on Team Bernie. Brown means well but I have a bridge to sell you if you think the GOP will pass any Democratic health care plan.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:59:07 AM »

This but I’d vote for many people over Harris, including perhaps Biden and Booker.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lmao for all of the talk about progressive champion Sherrod Brown it's always been clear that people support this candidate for the sole reason that he appeals exclusively to white working class baby boomers

One more gaffe and I’m on Team Bernie. Brown means well but I have a bridge to sell you if you think the GOP will pass any Democratic health care plan.

If you agree that that any Democratic health plan is futile then why is this a gaffe? And if you agree that any Democratic health plan is DOA then why would you support Bernie...? This post is one of the shortest contradictions I've ever seen on this forum.

Any Democratic health care plan is DOA with the Republican Party. That doesn’t mean the Democratic Party can’t pass one with a trifecta but it shouldn’t bend over backwards to try to water it down either (but tbf he was against efforts to water the ACA down in 2009).

Sherrod Brown has a long record of standing up to labor and has co-sponsored the House version of M4A in the past and voted for a pro-single payer amendment in 2009 before it was cool. He’s been considered a longtime ally of Bernie in the Senate (when Bernie for instance gave a 10 hour filibuster to the Obama 2010 tax cut, Brown spoke in opposition for an hour and a half as well). I really like him but I’m not sure if I trust him to stay strong and pass the legislation we need, at least on health care.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies