PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:09:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-08 (GQR-Cartwright internal): Cartwright +6  (Read 705 times)
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« on: August 16, 2022, 05:04:40 PM »

I'm rather confused at this take.

"Cartwright, a known incumbent, is ahead of Bognet, who is also known, and has been running ads for months now without any response from Bognet, but yes as soon Bognet starts running ads (when will that be?) he will 100% take the lead!"

Just seems nonsensical at this point. If anything, Cartwright has been able to boost himself and hurt Bognet for months and we're supposed to believe that's supposed to change just bc Bognet starts airing some ads?

I feel like every cycle there's some Election Twitter outfit that gets extremely confident in their model and defends it in the face of any evidence to the contrary. Last time it was Scrimshaw, this time it's the Split Ticket guys. I respect them and they have some good takes here and there but they shouldn't get too cocky.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 09:49:57 AM »

An old Elections Guy post said that if Cartwright wins, Democrats keep the House. Is this indeed the bellwether seat for the evening?

I think OH-13 and CO-08 have good claims as bellwether seats, as both are open seats with solid candidates on both sides that are very close to the median seat by baseline partisanship.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies