Conquest of the Americas Diplomacy Variant [BACK IN ACTION!] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:01:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Conquest of the Americas Diplomacy Variant [BACK IN ACTION!] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conquest of the Americas Diplomacy Variant [BACK IN ACTION!]  (Read 15913 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 04, 2010, 07:40:42 PM »

Count me in. I'll play Spain.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »

We of the Kingdom of Spain would like to announce our intention to enter the body of water soon to be formerly known as 2. Any effort to deny the space to us will result in your court being serenaded by a surprise performance by time traveler Rick Astley. Oh, & you'll also become enemies of Spain.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:04:00 PM »

I agree. As I recall, the standard rules specifically name Constantinople as a land connection, which is why it is counted as one whereas Spain-North Africa is not (on a tangent, Richard Sharp once suggested that allowing movement between Spain & North Africa would make Italy stronger; maybe someone should organize a game with that feature along with the Milan variant).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »

I just realized that the Constantinople point made no sense, but okay. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:18:50 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2010, 08:27:06 PM by PiT (The Physicist) »

I apologize if my French is grammatically incorrect, though I don't believe any of the French posters are in this, so I may be off the hook Wink

I'm not French, but I do speak it somewhat. I assume you meant "first sea" (since "number one sea" is a grammatical oddity in English as well as French), in which case it should be La Mer Première. Grammatical errors aren't a problem, but if you want desired place names translated into French, feel free to ask me.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:06 PM »

Unfortunatement, je ne parle suédois.

Mon nom de province était traducé par ma mère.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 10:53:37 PM »

Unfortunatement, je ne parle suédois.

Mon nom de province était traducé par ma mère.

¡Qué! ¿Tú no hablas español? Pero es muy facíl y tú vives en California. ¡Ay Caramba!

Same way I get by not knowing Chinese, which would be much more useful to know where I live.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »

然後你會不知道這是什麼意思 Tongue

Not that I speak Chinese or anything, Google translator FTW!

我是他,你是他,你是我的
和我們都在一起
看他們怎麼跑豬一樣,從槍
看他們如何飛行
我哭
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »

At this point, I think we should inquire about getting another GM.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »

Ack. I'm sorry everyone. I mentioned in the presidential race in Atlasia that everything went to hell for me last weekend because of a big number of factors all hitting me at once (breaking up with the girlfriend, broken cell phone, being a permanent tour guide for four friends while they were in town for Mardi Gras, having an accident that resulted in my car being totaled, accidentally leaving something minor out of my checkbook that led me to accidentally accrue $200 in overdraft fees, my parents suddenly informing me that I need to transfer to school in-state or find a new way to pay for school due to their monetary concerns [I got me a 2/3 scholarship, but the other third is still a killer], along with a host of other small things). Then when the dust did settle enough for me to focus on the forum a tad, I found myself in a suddenly difficult election campaign in Atlasia and devoted all of my energies to that, entirely forgetting about this game I recently started.

My apologies, everyone, and I'm sorry for inconveniencing you all. I'll have this updated and back on track by tomorrow Smiley Also, thanks for sticking with the game even through my absence! I'm very glad the game didn't die and that you all are excited to continue.

I suppose my PM got lost in the shuffle, eh? Tongue Anyway, it's good to know that it will be continuing on now.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 01:23:02 AM »

Xahar, I demand you name all new lands you control after linguists.

The only pre-1500 linguist I can think of is Pāṇini. Sad

Good thing you happen to have a time traveler from the 21st century in your court, eh? Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »

Hello all.  To my pleasant surprise, I just found out about this game.  I hope you are enjoying my variant.  I will be following along.

Hello, I'm the same PiT who's playtesting your Known World 901 variant. Smiley We have actually stalled here, so if you have the time to adjudicate this one as well, I think we'd all be grateful.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies