What if Cate Blanchett Had Been Directing 'Rings of Power'?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:59:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What if Cate Blanchett Had Been Directing 'Rings of Power'?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if Cate Blanchett Had Been Directing 'Rings of Power'?  (Read 88 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2024, 12:39:19 AM »

If she had been in charge of its production instead of Charlotte Brändström, and been given carte blanche control over every aspect, we would no doubt be talking about a very different show series.  The follow-up question I have is how different?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 02:16:18 AM »

You just eanted to make that "cate blanche" pun didn't you

Well, I love her, so if she's involved with anything she makes it better, if you ask me. Whether she has directorial/show-running experience or not.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:17:20 PM »

Speaking of which, does anyone have any information on how Cate Blanchett feels about Morfydd Clark playing her character?  We know Morfydd (who was only 11 or 12 when the original LOTR trilogy came out) looks upon Cate much like we do -as a fan looking upon a distant star.  I think she mentioned she felt (and I think still feels) too intimidated and starstruck to talk to Cate directly.  

But how about on the other end -what does Cate think about Morfydd's performance as Galadriel?  And if she were directing the Rings of Power from the start, would she have selected her?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies