An observation on Republican Party culture (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:31:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  An observation on Republican Party culture (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An observation on Republican Party culture  (Read 829 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:02 PM »

I think I read somewhere that in countries with lower levels of gender inequality (like ours), men are more authoritarian than women because they feel more threatened by the increased competition.  And with our tortured history of race relations, that is especially prevalent among white men.

It is the other way around in countries and societies that are still blatantly patriarchal, like Saudi Arabia. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:49:52 PM »

I think I read somewhere that in countries with lower levels of gender inequality (like ours), men are more authoritarian than women because they feel more threatened by the increased competition.  And with our tortured history of race relations, that is especially prevalent among white men.

It is the other way around in countries and societies that are still blatantly patriarchal, like Saudi Arabia. 

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy. That's as authoritarian as you can get.

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-women-more-authoritarian-than-men-study-1710117
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies