NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:26:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump Asked Comey to End Flynn Investigation  (Read 30047 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 16, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »

Same guy who broke this story for the NYT broke the Clinton email server story too.

This may be the most well-sourced and influential reporter since Woodward and Bernstein
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:22:29 PM »

It's stuff like this that shows that demagogues really aren't a threat to this country. If they manage to pass through the first barrier (the electoral college), they will be bogged down with people in government who oppose him/her. Carter was a more tame example of this.

This is pretty interesting to watch.

I cannot wait until comey's book comes out.

The Carter comparison is apt, albeit for very different reasons/circumstances
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:30:57 PM »

It's stuff like this that shows that demagogues really aren't a threat to this country. If they manage to pass through the first barrier (the electoral college), they will be bogged down with people in government who oppose him/her. Carter was a more tame example of this.

This is pretty interesting to watch.

I cannot wait until comey's book comes out.

The Carter comparison is apt, albeit for very different reasons/circumstances

I'm not trying to say carter was ever involved in things like this, but he ran a "Washington is full of losers and crooks" type campaign and shocked the political establishment, and he hit a brick wall when he came to washington.

Stuff like this is also why I don't think bernie would have gotten much through congress, for different reasons obviously.

No I get your point entirely, agree 100%. Agree on the Bernie thing, though he would at least have benefited from relationships formed over 26 years in Congress, obviously something neither Trump nor Carter enjoyed
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 05:42:54 PM »

I'm more concerned about the leaks. Very disturbing.

Here's a strategy for stopping leaks

- stop antagonizing the FBI
- stop contradicting your staff and making them look like dopes, doesn't exactly endear them to your cause
- get on to nominating the over 400 roles you still have no nominations for, let alone the many many positions you still need to confirm (also better vetting, see: Mark Green, how ever many hundreds of people that have already stepped aside for Army Secretary)

And even then leaks won't stop because they're all JARED KUSHNER.

Yeah seriously. Don't complain about BHO holdovers when you can't be bothered to appoint your own replacements
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:33:24 PM »

i may be wrong but pence is making himself quite...invisible the last weeks, eh?

Never forget that the loudest man in the room is the weakest man in the room
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 06:48:19 PM »

This tweet is more than 2 hours old. Do y'all go backwards on twitter sometimes?

Sometimes Twitter does this annoying "in case you missed it" thing
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 06:54:41 PM »

I TOLD MY FELLOW REPUBLICANS ABOUT THIS. DAY IN AND DAY OUT. THIS WOULD HAPPEN. Throughout 2016. Did they listen?

Nooooo they did not. We'll see if this gets him impeached. I want to see it before I believe it.

During the primaries you did?

And general. I kept screaming about him, lol. I told them he would wreck the party and use us like he's done to everyone else in his life.

Haha I see. I think this was always Ben Shapiro's biggest fear about Trump as well.

Agree or disagree with his views, Shapiro is a smart dude
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »

Watching Fox News compare the  Comey Memo to "Mean Girls" in defense of Trump is making me go:

Fox should stop trying to make fetch happen.

It's not gonna happen.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »

Watching Fox News compare the  Comey Memo to "Mean Girls" in defense of Trump is making me go:

Fox should stop trying to make fetch happen.

It's not gonna happen.

Touche

At least, one of my Mean Girls jokes works, in context
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333786-top-dem-cautions-it-is-too-early-to-start-impeachment-talks
Top Dem warns against rushing into impeachment talk

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So the one who is involved in the investigation and seen all the 'smoking guns' is asking Dems to calm down? Smoke and fire? Or only smoke?  Roll Eyes

Adam Schiff isn't wrong here. The 24 hour news cycle isn't designed for deep dive investigations, to say the least
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 04:08:26 PM »

IIRC the Reagan Battalion were the ones that took down Milo.

This. They're good stuff
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »

IIRC the Reagan Battalion were the ones that took down Milo.

This. They're good stuff

They are huge assholes (Go read any of their tweets during the AHCA debate) but they like to pick fights with the alt right crowd.

More in the sense that their scoops/investigative abilities are solid. They're kinda prickish, but not hacks
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:01 PM »

Guys, if you've never watched Fox News, they have some A+++++ programming on right now:

Cannot think of two men I would less want to watch debate
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies