Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:58:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Consultation and Legislation Submissions  (Read 75132 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: May 09, 2020, 12:30:09 AM »

I can confirm that there are areas that as bagel23 and Elcasparwere creating this, personal issues and a constrained timeframe prevented the bill from having an up-to-code draft totally ready. Still, other then the odd %, this matches up to our demands. I expect the federal government to make it stylistically and structurally work in its revisions to end both the strike and provide for the people of Atlasia.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 01:00:39 PM »

So, let's review.

(1) The ACLO leadership decide the administration is not doing enough to support workers during the COVID-19 pandemic and announce they will go on strike until their demands are met.
(2) The leadership wait weeks without telling anyone what their demands are.
(3) After debate, a majority of voting members of the ACLO speak out against the strike but are prevented from changing their votes.
(4) An entire month later, the ACLO leadership finally release a mangled first draft of relief legislation and demand the administration rewrite it for them because they were too busy to do a good job themselves.

What an interesting strategy!
1. We weren’t striking for weeks, lmao, the tie wasn’t broken until like two weeks ago
2. While the union took a while to release official demands, due to its co chairs living in different time zones and having things to do that impeded work, I still listed unofficial demands of why I started the petition here and there
3. Then maybe y’all should follow voting procedure or, maybe, y’know have taken us seriously and voted and cooperated with us before the official strike. Before I left laborcord, I sent a couple of public messages urging y’all to work with Elcaspar
4. We shouldn’t have even done the work for the federal government, but we did, and it’s the job of the federal government and the union to see it appropriately revised and turned in.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »

You issued your call for a national strike on April 7. This bill was released on May 8 —a full thirty-one days later. Meanwhile, key sectors of the economy are at a standstill because ... you couldn't figure out time zones? There are several foreign nationals in the administration, but this didn't stop the president from issuing a response to the strike in a timely manner. There are several foreign nationals who are members of Congress, but it doesn't take them thirty-one days to follow up on their own ideas. I have written many bills over the years in collaboration with posters who live as far away as the UK, France, and Australia —it does not take thirty-one days to produce such a shoddy product as this unless the people involved just aren't interested in the project and can't be bothered to follow through. Which is fine ... except, in the meantime, you decided to shut the economy down and leave everyone hanging while you avoided questions from myself and others.

It is simply irresponsible to call for a strike when you aren't prepared to negotiate with the opposite party and don't even have a clear idea of what your objectives are. What is this strike suppose to accomplish, PSOL? As far as I can tell you decided that something ought to be done, but had no idea what, so you decided to lay down in the mud and abdicate all responsibility for leadership in this time of crisis. Why should anyone take the ACLO seriously when they don't even take themselves seriously?

We shouldn’t have even done the work for the federal government, but we did, and it’s the job of the federal government and the union to see it appropriately revised and turned in.
Yeah, when you're proclaiming your movement to be the voice of organized labor, it is your job. It's definitely Elcaspar's job, because he is a member of Congress. Just as it would be irresponsible for a president to lead the country into war without a clear exit strategy, it is irresponsible for you to lead your members out on strike unless you're willing to go the distance and engage with the system. If you're not willing to do that, then step aside and let labor and the government get back to work.
And guess what, the strike didn’t happen until May 1st, under the breaking of the tie by Bagel23.

We have the bill in Congress, and from the looks of it the strike is going to end or be muted, it’s in the governments hands as the union acts as a tenuous observer. Nothing more at this point, nothing less.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies