Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:00:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Oakvale, attorney at law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Oakvale, attorney at law  (Read 3419 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: October 18, 2021, 03:32:54 PM »

The evidence mounts.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 01:31:10 AM »

“I’m going to fight hard....”

It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a justice saying "I am going to fight hard to preserve the independence of the court", which considering the comments of Dwarven Dragon, where for a decent period was literally calling for impeachment for "results oriented purposes" (as in desiring to reshape the court to achieve his desired ruling at least until he learned said ruling was unanimous-oops) is hardly to be brushed off.

That is different from the comments he said threatening careers etc, which are unacceptable.

For historical example, Ebowed, bgwah and Opebo fought back against Adam Griffin's Laborite hordes when they aggressively sought to reshape the court's composition following their adverse ruling in the case over the June 2013 Pacific business.

Oh, brother. Be careful you don't pull a muscle reaching this hard.

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 01:32:53 AM »

C'mon Oakie, literally one of my first actions after returning to the Presidency in 2019 was scheming behind the scenes to make sure BK got his seat all those years later...after you tried to put him on the court in the final weeks in 2015 before I became President during Bore's lameduck and I wanted to install Dear Sweet Jambles.

They're both on the court now! Can't we just let bygones be bygones? We all know the Court is a travesty of partisan control: just because I have the biggest fingerprints on a 4-year majority-Liebor Court doesn't mean we didn't all get what we wanted in the end!

Pointing out the incompetence and sedition of the current Court has nothing to do with partisanship.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 01:36:57 AM »

C'mon Oakie, literally one of my first actions after returning to the Presidency in 2019 was scheming behind the scenes to make sure BK got his seat all those years later...after you tried to put him on the court in the final weeks in 2015 before I became President during Bore's lameduck and I wanted to install Dear Sweet Jambles.

They're both on the court now! Can't we just let bygones be bygones? We all know the Court is a travesty of partisan control: just because I have the biggest fingerprints on a 4-year majority-Liebor Court doesn't mean we didn't all get what we wanted in the end!

This incident involved a Federalist escaping justice. It has nothing to do with partisanship and everything to do with incompetence and/or non-transparency.
Escaping justice because of your incompetence*

Nope, because of your conduct and ethical failures. You are a disturbed individual and frankly shouldn't be anywhere near the bench.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 01:45:47 AM »

Pointing out the incompetence and sedition of the current Court has nothing to do with partisanship.

Says the prosecutor who conveniently delayed his case until after the Lincolnite secession effort, which devoted extensive energies too I might add.

You mean the legal and constitutional effort to achieve autonomy in our region? Explain to me how you guys allowing someone who arguably broke RL law against an opposing voter to continue to participate in Atlasia and your judge having a meltdown on the bench threatening all his opponents is on that level in any way.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 03:02:54 AM »

You mean the legal and constitutional effort to achieve autonomy in our region?

Hiding behind legalities won't spare you in my book for conspiring to tear apart the fabric of the federal system.

I opposed every secessionist effort from 2009 onwards, regardless of region or party. I GOTVed against Oakvale's attempt at NE secession in 2015, I aggressively pushed back against DFW's secessionist saber rattling in 2017 and I urged my party members to aggressively GOTV against the Lincolnite effort. When Fhtagn pined for Alaskan Independence (even as a Federalist and as my vice chair) I also made sure to crap all over idea (from the money dependence, to Russian influence that it would bring to the region).

Whenever there is a crisis, there is always some group of people, usually involving some mix of new and old, who step forward and posit that radicalism is the solution to the problem. Either in the form of radical centralism (abolishing the regions) or radical separatism (secessionist efforts), invariably these pose no structural improvements, nothing to address the root problems and offer only the temporary stir of the pot assuming they fail and the chaos wrought if they actually succeeded would be a disaster of biblical proportions. Radicalism is never the solution to the problem, radicalism, is the problem.

I see nothing relevant here except deflecting away from the Court's failures to operate independently and the atrocious conduct of its members.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies