Break out the Champagne! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:15:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Break out the Champagne! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Break out the Champagne!  (Read 3854 times)
Maastricht
Rookie

« on: November 13, 2004, 11:28:57 AM »

I believe that's to be called only "sparkling wine"   Wink

Fortunately we in America do NOT follow the stupid european notion on labeling.

We use labels in France and in Europe firstly to protect the consumer. Champagne is a good exemple. Just imagine that somebody of Chile, Italy, or another place in France than Champagne, is making sparkling wine, and is selling it in supermarkets with the name of "Champagne", with a really high price compared to the quality of his wine, for exemple 7.5€, about 10$. (If you want a good one, i'ts rather about 15-20$). The consumer would chose, except if he is wealthy, the 7.5€ one. He would have for a "low" price a wine which quality isn't at all what he expects by buying a Champagne.
Conclusion : the fake producer gains a lot, the consumer has a bad product, and the true producer of Champagne can't sale any bottle.
With the label system, the consumer can be sure of the source of the product (it works with a lot of goods), ant to have the right quality with the right price.

Arafat was a terrorist, undoubtedly one of the most problematic figure in the last 30 years. Arafat is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people, mostly innocent civilians.
It would have been symbolic if the plane with Arafats body was hijacked on the way to Cairo. Smiley.

Paris*

Lol, yeah... that would be REALLY funny, actually.

Hum, I'm not that sure ^_-  lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies