Future of Social Moderates vs. Social Liberals (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 06:04:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Future of Social Moderates vs. Social Liberals (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Future of Social Moderates vs. Social Liberals  (Read 2016 times)
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 10, 2013, 08:19:18 AM »

Human Cloning would be an interesting issue where you see an odd coalition of bible thumpers allying with granola eating Greenpeace members and the like against moral-less "Wall Street" hacks, corporatists, and moderate heroes.
You suggest that human cloning would only be supported 'moral-less' people and hacks.  Human cloning would allow us to grow organs which could then be used in transplants that would save countless lives, so the issue could theoretically appeal to a larger variety of people than you suggest.

There is the possibility that we could grow organs with matching genetic makeup to the organ recipients without using cloning. In that case there really wouldn't be a point to human cloning and I doubt it would be an issue at all.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »

Yeah, abortion doesn't appear to be moving in one direction or the other.  I expect it to be a divisive issue for years to come.

Also, I find it interesting that women and men have fairly similar views on abortion, except women seem to be more polarized, with more women than men saying its legal or illegal in all circumstances.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies