The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:22:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 205774 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: January 04, 2016, 12:39:06 AM »

I mean, when I get drunk, I usually insult specific individuals (I think?). This is nasty.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #901 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:07 AM »

Probably, but that's not an excuse. Most of us can have a few without ranting about "TEH JOOS".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #902 on: January 04, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »

This is beyond terrible and should be ban-worthy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #903 on: January 04, 2016, 10:49:36 AM »

This is beyond terrible and should be ban-worthy.

Hopefully we will not have redux. We shall see.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #904 on: January 04, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »

DavidB can explicitly condone terrorism yet IndyTexas saying mean things (in an obviously unserious manner) about teh joos is "banworthy"? Interesting.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #905 on: January 04, 2016, 01:39:33 PM »

DavidB can explicitly condone terrorism yet IndyTexas saying mean things (in an obviously unserious manner) about teh joos is "banworthy"? Interesting.

You really don't get the distinction? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It gets dicier when in the present I must admit, but when going back in history, I don't see a problem when it comes to violating the rules. It may be a horrible opinion, but not all horrible opinions are infractable.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #906 on: January 04, 2016, 01:43:41 PM »

You really don't get the distinction? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It gets dicier when in the present I must admit, but when going back in history, I don't see a problem when it comes to violating the rules. It may be a horrible opinion, but not all horrible opinions are infractable.

One person's words seem to encourage violent acts to forward political goals, another's words hurt feelings. Obviously I think that you know which one I think is more deserving of punishment - if we are to go that route with moderation anyway.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #907 on: January 04, 2016, 01:50:55 PM »

One person's words seem to encourage violent acts to forward political goals, another's words hurt feelings. Obviously I think that you know which one I think is more deserving of punishment - if we are to go that route with moderation anyway.

If someone advocated going forward terrorism in a specific context, that would be something to ponder carefully. If it actually was intended to incite, as in urging forumites to become suicide bombers, then we are into the category of shouting fire in a crowded theatre situation, and that would be infractible, and in my example, bannable. This should not be that hard. As always, it is a judgment call, and there are close cases, and the specific facts in any given situation become important.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #908 on: January 04, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2016, 01:57:58 PM by DavidB. »

There are many others in that thread, such as CrabCake and MalaspinaGold, who arrive at the conclusion that certain historical terrorist acts, perpetrated under extreme circumstances, could be considered moral. Do you want to ban these people too, or do you only have a problem with people who think this certain terrorist act in the past perpetrated by Jews could be considered legitimate?

Besides, I wonder if you would consider it "Atlas acceptable" if non-Jews were called "ape-people"... The problem is clearly not that it "hurts people's feelings", but that it is outright racist. Also, lmao @ that comment being "obviously unserious".
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #909 on: January 04, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »

There are many others in that thread, such as CrabCake and MalaspinaGold, who arrive at the conclusion that certain historical terrorist acts, perpetrated under extreme circumstances, could be considered moral. Do you want to ban these people too, or do you only have a problem with people who think this certain terrorist act in the past perpetrated by Jews could be considered legitimate?

Besides, I wonder if you would consider it "Atlas acceptable" if non-Jews were called "ape-people"... The problem is clearly not that it "hurts people's feelings", but that it is outright racist. Also, lmao @ that comment being "obviously unserious".

It really does not matter whether the comment was intended to be serious or not. Making that kind of comment is never deemed funny in the Cave. We just don't have much of a sense of humor I guess.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #910 on: January 04, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »

I fail to see how his blatant racism was "obviously unserious". I mean, aren't jokes supposed to be funny?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #911 on: January 05, 2016, 10:16:39 AM »

More mod fascism from Torie and his ilk. No wonder people are fleeing Old Atlas by the hundreds!
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #912 on: January 05, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

the JIDF swarmed IndyTexas almost immediately

poor guy never had a chance
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #913 on: January 05, 2016, 01:32:13 PM »

Don't be weird. There was nothing obviously ironic about the comments and he has expressed similar views about Mizrahi Jews (and other - non Jewish - Middle Eastern ethnicities that he doesn't like much) before.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #914 on: January 05, 2016, 02:38:36 PM »

You are ridiculous.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #915 on: January 06, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »

I hate Family Guy, so no.  And besides, I'm reserving judgment until Coz's trial ends.  He's is presumed innocent until proven guilty, after all.

Truly the GOP is a friend of the Negro race from the attacks of the Dixiecrat Feminazis.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #916 on: January 08, 2016, 02:48:11 AM »

I'm going to bet over 80% of drug dealers in Maine are white.
They more than likely are, but there are a lot of drug dealers that probably come out of state, I don't really care if there white or black it doesn't matter they are drug dealers.

If you were a successful drug dealer in New York or Connecticut, why would you go out of your way to reach a place with a smaller, more rural population with fewer customers and zero personal connections?  That literally makes no sense whatsoever.  I'll give you a hint: Maine's drug dealers live in Maine.

probably a lot from NH too.

A lot of them might be coming from Vermont too. Those Green Mountain State niggas are a shifty lot.
A lot of drug dealers in my neck of the woods (northern Minnesota) are Native Americans or non-Natives that have connections to Minneapolis or Chicago.

The general drug flow comes through Chicago, then Minneapolis, then to northern MN.  But recently heroin has begun flowing directly from Mexico onto reservations in northern MN and then out from there.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #917 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:33 PM »

Where have I expressed an "extreme anti-gun view"?  I have no problem with guns --- how am I supposed to overthrow Sanders and the rest of the American plutocrats without them? 

What I oppose is this nutter's reckless position, which does nothing but put the American people in danger.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #918 on: January 13, 2016, 07:55:26 AM »

Independent lefties vote D, independent righties vote R. Which should we fear more, the Sandernista gulags or the TRUMP concentration camps?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #919 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »

Minorities won't vote for the GOP due to identity politics stoked by Democrats.  That's really the main thing

No, it's because the Republican base is racist. And before you say anything else, Donald Trump.

Independent lefties vote D, independent righties vote R. Which should we fear more, the Sandernista gulags or the TRUMP concentration camps?
What's absurd about this?  It's more true than most of us would like to think.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #920 on: January 17, 2016, 06:15:36 AM »

Once more the Iranian people will have their rightful place in the international community.

Sorry DavidB and Ray Goldfield; your ideology has lost.

Don't worry, I'm sure Israel will be taking care of this mess before the missiles reach you.

On the verge of outright racism.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #921 on: January 22, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »

Context:

No. He's the second best poster after CXS.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #922 on: January 23, 2016, 11:33:02 PM »

I'll limit myself to the era since FDR.

Outstanding
Bill Clinton
Ronald Reagan
Harry Truman

Above average
George W. Bush
John F. Kennedy

Average
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

Below average
George H.W. Bush
Lyndon B. Johnson

Failure
Jimmy Carter
Richard Nixon
Barack Obama
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #923 on: January 26, 2016, 01:15:33 PM »

The Trump movement is a joke that will be rightfully squashed this year anyways when he is utterly and humility defeated

Saving this quote for when TRUMP puts you on a boat back to the Middle East.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #924 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »

The Trump movement is a joke that will be rightfully squashed this year anyways when he is utterly and humility defeated

Saving this quote for when TRUMP puts you on a boat back to the Middle East.

How has that post not been removed yet?
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies