Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:52:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Welcome to the Runoff!: LA 2015 Liveblog  (Read 176752 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« on: October 24, 2015, 09:51:18 AM »

What is your prediction Miles by the way?

I still think Vitter makes the runoff. Hopefully, if he makes it, he'll have an embarrassingly low level of support. I've heard that Dardenne has got momentum, but I'm afraid its probably too late.

I'd say something like:

Edwards - 39%
Vitter - 23%
Dardenne - 19%
Angelle - 17%

What are the main differences between Dardenne and Angelle?
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 11:10:09 AM »

Ugh, it will rain in most of the state south of I-10 at some point or another today. The rain right now is mostly focused in Acadiana. New Orleans and Baton Rouge will get some towards mid-day, but it looks like things will be mostly clear for at least the last 4 or 5 hours of voting there.

The north may be having an outsized influence here...

Not a big deal. Most of the rain is going to be in cajun country which has went from a democrat leaning to strongly GOP leaning region(even stronger than the traditionally republican north) over the past 1.5 decades.  

So this supposedly this should help bel edwards.... somewhat...

I was working a bit on the Nashville mayoral election a few months ago, and when it was supposed to rain on Election Day, the Fox people were excited, because apparently Republicans vote and Democrats don't on rainy days, but then it turned into a beautiful sunny summer afternoon, and Barry, the Democrat, won 55-45.  Rain might actually be good for Vitter here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies