Hurricane Katrina: Political Aftermath
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:51:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hurricane Katrina: Political Aftermath
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina: Political Aftermath  (Read 8834 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 12:11:25 PM »

That's exactly why they want it wiped out. It looks like the Republicans' wishes are coming true.

I have a question for you Fern.

If you had a brain..would you take it out and play with it? Seriously.

How much you wanna bet that we will soon see stories circulating on the internet about how the damage to the levees resembles explosions conducted with timed charges?

Well, we all know Bush ordered the levees to be blasted in order to flood the black neighborhoods of New Orleans because its part of a larger conspiracy to eliminate the black man from the united states. We also know that the US Shadow government had these hurricanes created using weather modification and cloud seeding in order to drive up oil prices because Dick Cheney has so much oil lust that the President can't fulfill him anymore. This was verified by unknown employees of Haliburton who claim that the company had a no bid contract to seed the clouds in the Atlantic.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 12:14:24 PM »

That's exactly why they want it wiped out. It looks like the Republicans' wishes are coming true.

I have a question for you Fern.

If you had a brain..would you take it out and play with it? Seriously.

How much you wanna bet that we will soon see stories circulating on the internet about how the damage to the levees resembles explosions conducted with timed charges?

Well, we all know Bush ordered the levees to be blasted in order to flood the black neighborhoods of New Orleans because its part of a larger conspiracy to eliminate the black man from the united states. We also know that the US Shadow government had these hurricanes created using weather modification and cloud seeding in order to drive up oil prices because Dick Cheney has so much oil lust that the President can't fulfill him anymore. This was verified by unknown employees of Haliburton who claim that the company had a no bid contract to seed the clouds in the Atlantic.
Ah, they simply didn't sign Kyoto. Less traces, same effect. Smiley
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 12:15:17 PM »

Well, it's not as if jfern invented this (though Republican was wrong, he shoulda said conservative.)

Personally, I wouldn't have minded if New Orleans was reclaimed by the sea. 

I have a question, States and Gabu. If you had the chance to verify something jfern said before slamming him, would you? Seriously.

MODU isn't a republican...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 12:16:11 PM »

HAHAHA . . . that's classic, States.  Smiley

On a different tangent, I think the owners of the Superdome created the hurricane in order to get a modern, replacement stadium built to rival Ford and Reliant Stadiums.  Smiley  

Looking and listening to the damage done to the stadium, I can't see how they could repair the facility and still have the insurance companies or the NFL pass on it as being safe.  I expect to hear by the end of next month that the stadium will be torn down and the Saints play the full season out at LSU or somewhere.  Anyone think otherwise?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 12:18:49 PM »

Well, it's not as if jfern invented this (though Republican was wrong, he shoulda said conservative.)

I have a question, States and Gabu. If you had the chance to verify something jfern said before slamming him, would you? Seriously.

as I said...
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 12:21:12 PM »

Nope, I'm not.  Smiley  But I think I'll be investigated for this natural disaster.  Wink  New Orleans is now under water, and was the Port where I first boarded the SS Green Island years ago.  In December, Sumatra was under water, a place I had visited on the SS Green Island.  A few years ago, the SS Green Island nearly sunk at sea when a tropical storm ripped a 90+ foot long hole in the side of her hull.  It's either my fault or my old ships fault.  hahaha

But seriously, this thing with New Orleans was a disaster waiting to happen.  Who in their right mind builds a city below sea level and surrounds it with two large bodies of water???  Maybe this time they'll fill in the area between the levies with dirt and THEN rebuild.  Hello!?!?!?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how stupid the city planners were.
MissCatholic

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 12:24:01 PM »

If Modus not a Republican then i stick carrots up George Bushs bottom
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 12:25:28 PM »

Pervert. Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 12:25:58 PM »

Nope, I'm not.  Smiley  But I think I'll be investigated for this natural disaster.  Wink  New Orleans is now under water, and was the Port where I first boarded the SS Green Island years ago.  In December, Sumatra was under water, a place I had visited on the SS Green Island.  A few years ago, the SS Green Island nearly sunk at sea when a tropical storm ripped a 90+ foot long hole in the side of her hull.  It's either my fault or my old ships fault.  hahaha

But seriously, this thing with New Orleans was a disaster waiting to happen.  Who in their right mind builds a city below sea level and surrounds it with two large bodies of water???  Maybe this time they'll fill in the area between the levies with dirt and THEN rebuild.  Hello!?!?!?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how stupid the city planners were.

Maybe because the city was built like 300 years ago when doing something like that was unheard of and nearly impossible.
MissCatholic

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »

Pervert. Wink

I don't find you funny anymore. your a complete fraud.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 12:27:47 PM »

Who does that? The French did that.
Then again, who builds a major city on a narrow rocky island? The Dutch.
They also built their largest home city on some logs in a swamp by the coast.
Oh, and look at the Italians at Venice.

Obviously, cities become great cities for their location on trade routes, at strategic points such as harbours and rivermouths etc...also (in the past) defendability...not for safety from natural desasters.

If this was a disaster waiting to happen, it was remarkably slow in coming too...after all New Orleans has been one of the US largest cities for 200 years. Other cities around the Caribbean such as Mobile ... Havanna ... have taken damage from a hell of a lot more hurricanes. Maybe New Orleans has just been grotesquely lucky all this time...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 12:28:30 PM »

Pervert. Wink

A jfraud?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 12:28:52 PM »

Obviously, cities become great cities for their location on trade routes, at strategic points such as harbours and rivermouths etc...also (in the past) defendability...not for safety from natural desasters.

If this was a disaster waiting to happen, it was remarkably slow in coming too...after all New Orleans has been one of the US largest cities for 200 years. Other cities around the Caribbean such as Mobile ... Havanna ... have taken damage from a hell of a lot more hurricanes. Maybe New Orleans has just been grotesquely lucky all this time...

Or maybe they got such storms before it was really recorded.
MissCatholic

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 12:30:49 PM »

jfern doesn't hide and scream i'm an independent. MODU JUST BITCHES ABOUT THE DEMOCRATS and then kisses republicans bottoms.

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 12:31:09 PM »

Pervert. Wink

HAHAHA

Question, what is it with Democrats, Presidents, and inanimate objects?  Clinton had an intern with a cigar, and you have Bush with a carrot.  Is there something in the water you folks drink?  hahaha
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 12:31:51 PM »

hahaha . . . you're desperate today.  Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 12:32:29 PM »

Okay folks. Back on topic.

Hurricanes.
Not carrots. Hurricanes.
MissCatholic

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 12:36:33 PM »

how long has modu been bitching like a hurricane about democrats on this forum?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 12:45:28 PM »

I complain about both parties, as well as how a two-party dominated system is bad for the nation.  I've also coached the Libertarians on how to boost their base to make them competitive to get the political landscape back to normal.  Gee, sounds a lot like a Reformist, doesn't it?  Of course, you tend to forget that part.  hahaha . . . it's ok though, we understand your lack of reading comprehension.  Enjoy.  Cheesy

Back to hurricanes . . . the Mayor said in his last report on WWL news that they won't be doing body counts until the levee can be blocked and the water drained.  I don't think the 3000 or so sandbags they are flying in are going to do the trick.  That hole is growing bigger.  They need to fly in physical damns (3+ foot thick concrete slabs) to block this hole, or wait till the city fills with water and then build a permanent levee before draining.
MissCatholic

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 12:47:57 PM »

I complain about both parties, as well as how a two-party dominated system is bad for the nation.  I've also coached the Libertarians on how to boost their base to make them competitive to get the political landscape back to normal.  Gee, sounds a lot like a Reformist, doesn't it?  Of course, you tend to forget that part.  hahaha . . . it's ok though, we understand your lack of reading comprehension.  Enjoy.  Cheesy

Back to hurricanes . . . the Mayor said in his last report on WWL news that they won't be doing body counts until the levee can be blocked and the water drained.  I don't think the 3000 or so sandbags they are flying in are going to do the trick.  That hole is growing bigger.  They need to fly in physical damns (3+ foot thick concrete slabs) to block this hole, or wait till the city fills with water and then build a permanent levee before draining.

Nice spin modu....

NAME ME FIVE POLICIES THAT YOU AGREE WITH DEMOCRATS AND NOT REPUBLICANS.

show me threads where you have criticsed President Bush and his policies and agreed with democrats.

YOU ARE JUST A REPUBLICAN WH*RE (if i was with you now..i would slap you very hard and you would deserve it. you get more honesty from a terrorist)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 12:50:11 PM »

IM A REPUBLICAN WH*RE (if i was with you now..i would slap you very hard and you would deserve it. you get more honesty from a terrorist)

Really?
MissCatholic

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 12:51:36 PM »

IM A REPUBLICAN WH*RE (if i was with you now..i would slap you very hard and you would deserve it. you get more honesty from a terrorist)

Really?

HOWS YOUR HOMPHOBE SANTORUM TODAY?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 12:53:50 PM »

Really?

HOWS YOUR HOMPHOBE SANTORUM TODAY?

You've been very mean lately..have you been getting laid regularly? lol
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 01:05:33 PM »

Can I just reiterate how glad I am that MC is a part of the boards?  Always good for a laugh - please don't ban her.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 01:10:27 PM »

Ahhh, but they forgot that 1600 years before them, a smart person said the Wise Man builds his house upon the rock, while the foolish man buids his house upon the sand.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies