A gay Chancellor? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:00:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  A gay Chancellor? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would electing a homosexual Chancellor bring Germany into bad international repute?
of course
not quite, but he'll have a rough ride
depends on the Chancellor
not at all
there is no telling yet
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A gay Chancellor?  (Read 9189 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: September 17, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »

That being said for the sake of us gays good reputation everywhere I hope the first gay chancellor isn't a crappy Berlin communist.

Roll Eyes

Swedish Cheese summarized it pretty well. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »

Internally in Germany at least, I've come to believe that sexual orientation is truly irrelevant now. We've made it to that wonderful point.

Many people love Wowereit, I think he's a complete idiot and I have a strong dislike for his character...but neither they nor I consider his sexuality when forming these opinions, as far as I can see.

Westerwelle led the FDP to their best result of all time, and now he's probably the most hated figure in German politics. If you didn't know he was gay, you wouldn't find out in political discussions or in the media.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 02:44:25 AM »

Moreover, I don't claim that Wowereit will become the SPD's nominee at any rate, I just say that his chances have risen tremendously since his reelection.

This was his worst election result since 2001. He was re-elected as expected, but not as strong as expected. The fact that the Greens also failed to meet expectations doesn't change that.

So I fail to see how this risis his chances "tremendously". His chances are the same as before the election, maybe even a little lower.

His government was voted out....and his prefered coalition has a majority of 2 seats. I can't see how this improves his chances for anything. Except being able to continue as Mayor of Berlin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies