ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:28:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME Sen I can't really be Collins it yet  (Read 77731 times)
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« on: September 09, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »

Democrats should have taken away that SOBs chairmanship after he blocked the public option.  Or at least threatened to cut off aid to his beloved Israel if he didn’t vote for it.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 07:38:56 AM »

Collins has become the caricature of a moderate hero and the saddest/funniest thing is that she doesn't understand it.

Maybe she's saving the true moderate hero moment for right before the election to try to get a last minute bump. I have a feeling she knows what she's doing.

Hmm is she going to stop the Barrett confirmation?  I think at this point, it’s the only thing that could save her.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 07:43:37 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2020, 07:48:41 AM by Mr.Phips »

As the Election Day approaches and Biden victory becomes more and more likely, voters who dislike Trump will start to fear a Democratic trifecta. I believe they will break for Collins so that she could be a check on Biden. After all, she has track record of being a moderate and independent thinking and not following the party line.

Lol, she voted for the Trump tax plan and Kavanough.  She only votes against Republican leadership when she is allowed to because they already have the votes.  Republicans have her vote unless she isn’t needed.

If Collins was so independent and such a “moderate hero”, she would be actively working right now to stop ACB’s confirmation.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »

As the Election Day approaches and Biden victory becomes more and more likely, voters who dislike Trump will start to fear a Democratic trifecta. I believe they will break for Collins so that she could be a check on Biden. After all, she has track record of being a moderate and independent thinking and not following the party line.

Lol, she voted for the Trump tax plan and Kavanough.  She only votes against Republican leadership when she is allowed to because they already have the votes.  Republicans have her vote unless she isn’t needed.

If Collins was so independent and such a “moderate hero”, she would be actively working right now to stop ACB’s confirmation.

I am talking about the voters who are concerned about a possible Democratic dominance of the Congress and the Executive. Their natural choice to prevent that from happening is Collins.

The voters don’t know that Trump won’t be re-elected (like in 2016).  Also, it is pretty clear that Biden will be checked by a right wing Supreme Court even if Dems do take the Senate.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 09:53:30 AM »

I am talking about the voters who are concerned about a possible Democratic dominance of the Congress and the Executive. Their natural choice to prevent that from happening is Collins.

Are there that many voters in Maine who are worried about a Democratic dominance considering both district seem very likely to send a Democrat to the House?

Because voters are not going to split a ticket to kick out an incumbent absent a scandal or some other extenuating circumstance.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 10:45:07 AM »

Let's be honest, Collins would've voted yes if it would've put them at 50. She voted nay because she wants to pretend she's bipartisan.

We all know this and I think the voters of Maine do too.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies