The Official FOX/Huckabee GOP Presidential Forum Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:38:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official FOX/Huckabee GOP Presidential Forum Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Official FOX/Huckabee GOP Presidential Forum Discussion Thread  (Read 5944 times)
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2011, 09:31:07 PM »

Paul doesn't know the amendments to the Constitution other than the Bills of Rights.  You would think that when asked to list what amendments to the Constitution were a mistake, he would have gone to the amendment on the income tax (the 16th?), like flies to sh**t. But then he is an MD, not a JD, so he won't go to hell over that flub.

I was waiting for the 16th too.

Anyway, now it's Romney time.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2011, 09:31:13 PM »

What's with the idea of competing currencies?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »

This has been the most boring forum ever, even with AG's pushing form some drama. Congrats Mike Huckabee
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »

Mittens is a smart lawyer, among other smart lawyers, so he ruled. I try not to be biased in these things, and may fail,  but that is my honest opinion. The contrast with the others was just huge.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

I'd like to attorney her general.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »

Heh.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »

Eww. She's not very attractive.
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 09:49:22 PM »

Ron Paul goes way off the deep end...
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2011, 09:52:56 PM »

Santorum keeps talking about abortion like that's the number one issue facing America.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

Santorum keeps talking about abortion like that's the number one issue facing America.

It is, for socons.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 09:56:36 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 09:58:32 PM by Torie »

Rick is just trying to create a niche for himself (I will never forget the social issues from which America derives its virtu! (a Greek word there for you, combining the concept of strength, courage, and yes virtue, all at once in a unified whole, to wit, the mensch)), since on fiscal stuff, he is just another pretty face.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:20 PM »

I mean the Florida chick, in case you were wondering. Kookinelli ain't my type. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »

Rick is just trying to create a niche for himself (I will never forget the social issues from which America derives its virtu !(a Greek word there for you, combining the concept of strength, courage, and yes virtue, all at once in a unified whole, to wit, the mensch)), since on fiscal stuff, he is just another pretty face.

I know what he's doing, but it's not a very good strategy to use in a time when social issues are the last things on most peoples' minds.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 10:00:23 PM »

I've met her once, but since I was in a room full of elderly women, so my hormones were very well in check.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »

Anyone else going through Cain withdrawal?
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »

It's probably easier for Paul to remember the amendments that he doesn't oppose.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 10:09:09 PM »

If you can for one second think like a social conservative thinks, you'll understand why. Then, when the second's up, well, you won't.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »

Can I just take a brief amount of time to express my absolute admiration for you all? To spend so long sitting through and commenting on (with furious keyboard strokes of superhuman dedication) this endless series of utterly tedious and essentially pointless 'debates' between a dispiriting array of sociopaths, frauds, hacks, probable sex offenders, escaped mental patients, obviously closeted homophobes, and Mormons (and all of them clothed in expensive-but-horrible suits of one kind or another, and all of them acting on an endless series of ghastly garish stages as if this were not so much political theatre as political vaudeville) is quite some feat. Certainly not something I have the stomach for. I am sure that these precious hours have not been wasted, as it is clear to me that these debates will end up being as absolutely and utterly worthwhile as they have been both thrilling and intellectually stimulating.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 10:27:01 PM by Torie »

Pounding that out Al must have felt almost as good as a really good sexual consummation for you.  So many bon mot adjectives attending a string of almost equally arresting nouns, strung out in one long paragraph full of robust sentences, just spilling it all out. Good job!  Tongue

You know what Winston Churchill said right? But then, maybe what he said has more verisimilitude in Britain, whose governance I quite admire overall.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »

As someone who likes Paul, I thought he sounded awful tonight. Especially when asked about which amendments he didn't like.

Only saw Romney, Paul, and closings. I know I'm biased, but I was extremely impressed with Romney. He has the unique ability of being able to please both conservatives and moderates, something no other candidate (minus Huntsman, of course) can achieve.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2011, 11:07:53 PM »

Can I just take a brief amount of time to express my absolute admiration for you all? To spend so long sitting through and commenting on (with furious keyboard strokes of superhuman dedication) this endless series of utterly tedious and essentially pointless 'debates' between a dispiriting array of sociopaths, frauds, hacks, probable sex offenders, escaped mental patients, obviously closeted homophobes, and Mormons (and all of them clothed in expensive-but-horrible suits of one kind or another, and all of them acting on an endless series of ghastly garish stages as if this were not so much political theatre as political vaudeville) is quite some feat. Certainly not something I have the stomach for. I am sure that these precious hours have not been wasted, as it is clear to me that these debates will end up being as absolutely and utterly worthwhile as they have been both thrilling and intellectually stimulating.

We did the same thing in 2008.  Except you can add black Muslim narcissists to the list.  Nothing like banging your head against the wall for enjoyment.  Smiley
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »

As someone who likes Paul, I thought he sounded awful tonight. Especially when asked about which amendments he didn't like.

Only saw Romney, Paul, and closings. I know I'm biased, but I was extremely impressed with Romney. He has the unique ability of being able to please both conservatives and moderates, something no other candidate (minus Huntsman, of course) can achieve.

Which is why no one REALLY likes him and why he's losing to Newt right now.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2011, 01:28:58 AM »

It is, for socons.

And some paleos
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2011, 03:43:39 AM »

Rick is just trying to create a niche for himself (I will never forget the social issues from which America derives its virtu !(a Greek word there for you, combining the concept of strength, courage, and yes virtue, all at once in a unified whole, to wit, the mensch)), since on fiscal stuff, he is just another pretty face.

I know what he's doing, but it's not a very good strategy to use in a time when social issues are the last things on most peoples' minds.

Social issues defining the campaign is just what Obama needs though. Smiley
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »

The AG from Florida was annoying and inexcusably dumb. Cooch was pretty heavy handed with all the candidates, which I found funny. He had no problem cutting them off.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies