Cory Gardner and Thom Tillis won by running to the center; will they stay there? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:18:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cory Gardner and Thom Tillis won by running to the center; will they stay there? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cory Gardner and Thom Tillis won by running to the center; will they stay there?  (Read 3701 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:47 PM »

They all but extirpated every vestige of Tea Party bona fides during the general election, repudiating Republican base views on social issues. They will face presidential year electorates in 2020.

Will Gardner and Tillis stay close to Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski, or will they jump on board whenever Cruz and Lee attempt whatever stunt they want to pull in a given week?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 11:22:45 PM »

“I think for the most part, what I see from the folks who are opposing our agenda is whining coming from losers,” Tillis told Politico when asked about the current political environment. “They lost, they don’t like it, and they are going to try to do everything they can to, I think, cast doubt on things that I think are wise and that the average citizen when they know what we’re doing, I think, like it.”

The Republicans' behavior in the NC Legislature since 2011 makes more sense in this context.

Those stupid rubes back home just don't understand that letting Duke Energy dump toxic chemicals where they please is for their own good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies