Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:48:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled)  (Read 6878 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: August 30, 2014, 10:33:17 AM »

Banning incest is a public health matter. This is easy.  Polygamy has been legalised without any consideration what's over of the legal and tax purposes, and potential for fraud. It is so infernally complicated that we are better off ending recognition of marriage rather than attempting to deal with it. I hope the Senate sees sense and passes this.

If it fails this session I imagine the next session would be more amenable to it.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:52:20 AM »

Banning incest is a public health matter. This is easy.  Polygamy has been legalised without any consideration what's over of the legal and tax purposes, and potential for fraud. It is so infernally complicated that we are better off ending recognition of marriage rather than attempting to deal with it. I hope the Senate sees sense and passes this.
Northeastern married individuals can no longer receive benefits as a result of their married status, so that's mute. IIRC in the group marriage bill we required all polygamous married couples seeking legal recognition to sign a prenup so that should settle any legal issues. This was decided after extensive discussion in the Assembly. Regardless, why pass a Constitutional amendment at the Federal level in order to prevent one Region's tax and legal issues?

Then what's the point of having the government recognise it at all?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 01:40:45 PM »

Can we please stop using the inane euphemism "group marriage"? It makes my blood boil. That is all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies