Democratic Unity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:14:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Democratic Unity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Unity  (Read 2679 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: January 26, 2008, 12:28:17 PM »

Most of the Obama supporters here (most of the Democratic ones anyway) will line right back behind Clinton once she wins the nomination exactly like they did during his Presidency.  This will be especially true if she picks him as her Veep.

The only concern I can see goes to black voters, but I'm sure they have some plan to deal with that.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »

The only concern I can see goes to black voters, but I'm sure they have some plan to deal with that.

I'm sure they do, weather it actually works is another matter altogether... as it is Clinton runs the risk of a low Black turnout, with AA voters neither inspired to vote "for" Clinton or "against" McCain (that's if McCain wins the GOP nomination of course).  

9 months is a lot of time and people have short memories.  Besides, the Clintons were always loved in the black community before this election, so it's a lot easier for them than it is for other people.  We'll see.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 05:50:11 PM »

The Great Depression certainly did.

...in the United States (and even then only indirectly) but not everywhere. The Depression gave the world Hitler after all.

O/c hoping for an economic catastrophe on the basis that it will swing people to the Left is one of the stupidest sub-Marxist delusions out there.

IIRC, the 1930s were not exactly a great time for "liberals" in general.  It certainly was a conservative golden age in the artistic world.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies