Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:40:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 129728 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« on: May 13, 2020, 04:48:18 PM »

Might be a stupid question, but why is Chattahoochee County competitive when it's not a major urban center, has no colleges, and it was only 18.8% black as of the 2010 census? How did Obama win it in 2008 and barely lose it in 2012?
Someone else on discord and I were talking about this 2 weeks ago.
It's a military base county.
Turns out that's not the explanation - the explanation is even weirder: as of the 2010 census, millennials made up 59.7% of the population of the county, the highest of any county in the country.

Again military base lol- which is mostly young men.
Well, Fort Benning is mostly a training camp so of course, the demographics will be young men but it also prone to large population swings depending on the military budget. I don't think anything can really be read into it.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 03:29:05 PM »

What is Kemp doing? He's following the same path as McCrory and we all know had that ended.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 06:30:42 PM »

Yikes, at Houston County.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »

I mean after Fayette it is the most likely semi-major county to flip to the Democrats.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »

The problem with Nekima Williams is that she is technically already on the ballot in November.

I also don't feel it's wise for Abrams to take the seat simply for resume purposes. It would just be a liability for her if she had to take difficult votes and would create fodder for Kemp and his allies. I think she best going around the state energizing and registering people to vote. That way she won't be labeled as a Washington insider and would instead be more in tune with the lives of everyday Georgians.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 07:10:12 PM »

I'm starting to get the feeling that 10 years down the line the GAGOP is going to look back at this moment as their Prop 187 moment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies