Are Trump voters ruining America for all of us? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:47:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are Trump voters ruining America for all of us? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Trump voters ruining America for all of us?  (Read 2129 times)
Bismarck
Chancellor

« on: April 27, 2017, 10:40:59 AM »

I don't see how "Trump has done nothing" and "Trump is ruining America" can both be true. He's had very few accomplishments and a few missteps but how have any of your lives been impacted by his presidency? For 99.9 % of people their lives under Trump so far are the same as their lives under Obama.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:41:49 PM »

This attitude that everyone who isn't a democrat is an idiot redneck is part of the reason why Trump won. No one will listen to the economic or policy messages of a party who regards their neighbors and families as terrible people. I considered voting for Clinton but didn't largely because I got the impression that she and especially those around her considered people like those I grew up around to be racist morons which is nonsense.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 09:05:06 PM »

This attitude that everyone who isn't a democrat is an idiot redneck is part of the reason why Trump won.

That's not really what the article was saying. They specifically mentioned political literacy, and quite frankly, at least based on the tons of people I talked to while canvassing last year, I don't know if I can disagree. I heard a lot of crazy stuff / completely wrong statements from people of both parties. And it's not even just about people who pay attention but don't "get it," it's also about people who have no problem forming strong opinions but pay little attention to politics, which makes no sense to me. If you're going to have an opinion about something, you ought to know if its true or not, and that requires some research.

Oh I don't disagree with you, I was responding more to some of the comments in the thread than the article. I don't think it's one sided though, most voters of all stripes are pretty uninformed unfortunately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies