Deeply disturbing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply disturbing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Deeply disturbing  (Read 6807 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« on: October 28, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »

Oh yes, this stuff is just so important.

Forget about your work life, your school life, your significant other, your fiances, the upcoming presidential election..

Whoever wins Atlasia  is the MOST important thing, right?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »

to be fair, blair did state to me that he wants atlasia to be fun instead of serious. I did feel pressure to switch my vote to yankee.

That is all I want to say until I am cooled off.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 05:22:18 PM »

Anyways I have a college volleyball game to attend this evening, have a Good Evening, Gentlemen!

Excellent! Have fun!
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2016, 11:56:24 PM by Jimmie »

fwiw, keep in mind I am  not in the best mental shape and I get scared of ticking people off.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »

fwiw, keep in mind I am  not in the best mental shape and I get scared of pissing people off.

I'm the same way. I end up feeling intimidated by really minor stuff sometimes, because my attitude is strongly non-confrontational.

exactly, this should be a fun game.. I do not think someone who was more normal would have felt intimidated in that situation.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 11:11:33 PM »

I do not think anyone purposefully tried to intimidate me to change my vote. The only wrong I can see is that being asked why I voted for someone after I voted, especially if it is someone of the same party I am registered with. But still, it really is not a big deal, they were likely curious as to why I originally voted for Yankee and then in the Runoff Blair (before changing my vote).

So it is really just all a misunderstanding in my view.

Lets be honest, I have my own issues, and being in front of these people.. I did not want to tick anyone off. dfwlibertylover seems friendly to me, and I do not think there was any purposeful wrong doing. It is not his fault that I have my own issues.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 11:50:55 PM »

This game is taken way to seriously.

I have a few suggestions,

1) Someone needs to explore a practical way to create private voting.

2) No more asking people why they voted for someone, after that person voted. It is over and done.

3) No posting of PM's or anything related to Atlasia in public. Posting of PM's is not acceptable unless they are hostile or threatening.

4) Most of all.. this should be a fun game, not a serious game. People have been banned or disciplined on this forum over this game before.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 12:05:52 AM »

I would point out that last night, Jimmie complained of "taking heat" for his vote in the original election. That was my last interaction with him once the voting booth was delayed being opened.

It prompted a discussion that someone else recently brought up to me and that is taking a possible look at secret balloting again. As difficult as it maybe to implement in a way that is trustworthy, I think we should at least discuss the possibility. Because whether it is people getting bitched at five days ago for how they voted, or bitched at now the end result is still the same. People are being mistreated because the votes are 100% public. If it would be practical, secret balloting would remove a lot of the aspects that invite misbehavior and tension, as well as the personal element.

It has long been my policy, to not contact people once they have voted. Simply because I have seen this happen way too many times for comfort. I wish that had been followed here.

And at the same time, I would say to Jimmie that I too plan to make this game as fun as possible.
This is an election simulation game where shenanigans happen all too often.  A secret ballot means that accuracy cannot be adequately assured.

There will be nothing but accusations of shenanigans followed by the "supreme court" assuring us nothing is wrong...

I understand your reasoning NCY but secret ballots just won't work unless we literally have a computer compiling the results for us.  Where is beep boop when we need him?

Yes.. I did not think about that..
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »

I know I have a minority opinion here, apparently, but there are more important things to life then this game.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 01:20:08 AM »

Hey guys.. Blair got me when he discussed with me how he wanted to make Atlasia fun.

When I changed my vote.. I should not have felt intimidated but I did. That was just because of my own issues.. Not theirs.

But this goes for anyone.. Do not ask people why they voted for who they did after they voted.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »

We're still on this? Jesus, folks, it's not a big deal. DFW might've acted a tiny bit improperly - maybe - but it's not a felony. It's threads like these that make mew wonder why I still bother with this "game". Since, after all, this is a game.

People take Atlasia way too seriously. If Atlasia scandals are rated on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most serious, this is about a 2. Everyone needs to chillax and move on here.

I use to think Update was the stupidest thing about Atlas Culture..

now I see this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies