The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:01:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles - (Sign Up Thread) - Closed, 2017 Game Next  (Read 40244 times)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« on: May 13, 2016, 08:34:44 AM »

OK. OK. This is definitely madness but how bad can it be? If it turns out I've over-committed I hope I can recede from this plan without undue chaos.

I would like to play as Prince Youssoupoff (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Yusupov), who did at some point kill Rasputin, but rather than fleeing established a small, rich, corrupt, decadent state in the Crimea, employing amoral, dodgy mercenaries (and/or possibly some cool fragment of the Czech Legion?) At forty the Grand Prince is losing his looks, but he still wears make-up, has fun and is incredibly cool.

Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:14:12 AM »

OK. OK. This is definitely madness but how bad can it be? If it turns out I've over-committed I hope I can recede from this plan without undue chaos.

Well, if you think time may be an issue, then I'd say a smaller country would be a good idea in your case. And I'm not going to lie, I am growing fond of the madness you have suggested, xD

That said, Crimea is now an Ottoman Protectorate under Tatar control, so I'm not sure it's the best place for Yusupov. I could recommend some place in the Caucasus, Siberia, or Vladivostok, or if you really want Crimea either arrange it with Kalwejt or take Sebastopol, the single city of the area under Russian administration.

Oh, ok, I was just looking up where Yusupov had hung out and had estates. The main thing is I'd like a cool dodgy decadent domain, possibly with some Czech Legionnaires hanging about. Possibly the Caspian coast? Yusupov was big in Petersburg and Moscow (which I think are a bit ambitious for me!), Kursk, Poltava, and Voronezh, if any of that helps. I just want to dig down in somewhere nice and watch Mother Russia burn while I fiddle...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »

The Yusopov I envisage would DEFINITELY be up for playing all sides and being some kind of loose Turkish vassal in the Crimea, if that appeals...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »

Thank you benevolent Sultan / Pasha xxx
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »

I'd love more Ruskies to squabble with (maybe some Red ones?!)
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:25:22 PM »

V excited for mega-post!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 02:24:09 PM »

I would love to see any kinda proper Red Russian state in play...maybe Smith could join as that? Tsarist Kerensky and I are a bit white-on-white...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 05:50:12 PM »

A Red Ukraine might be most fun? as it's directly between me and Kerensky if I'm reading the map aright...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 06:10:55 PM »

Well Caucasus is near us both (espec me!) too, so I'd be pretty down with that as well
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 04:28:41 AM »

Drooling with anticipation

Lovingly yours

Felix Yusuf Yusupov, Grand Prince and Great Khan of the Crimea
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 01:38:56 PM »

Are we ready to kick off...?
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »

Um, come to lovely Crimea, guys. Things are, er, never dull x
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 12:22:51 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2016, 12:26:13 PM by Garlan Gunter »

Sorry (esp to Lumine), it has been a busy few days with a dear friend marrying and the entire country going mad in a totally gripping way, but I'm back now!

PS a slight problem I forgot about - Lumine I already made Jan Syrovy my military commander, which you approved, but now he's an NPC leader in Czechia too - could this please be clarified whenev poss? Thanks!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »

Hmmm.

I could be perhaps persuaded to step up into Britain or Italy and give Yusopov, after all not TOO critical, a rest if desired. Ideally if people would promise not to burn Crimea while I'm gone. I'm quite fond of the place by now...
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 06:35:34 AM »

I was assuming I'd have to let crimea go npc!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 06:43:30 AM »

Am on my phone on a train right now but feel free to send me pms re brit stuff and I'll address asap!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »

Really pressed for time this week and would love a slight turn extension if anyone else feels similarly! Can get in orders tomorrow
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »

I will be checking here occasionally but with limited internet until the 1st. I have left (slightly hurried) orders!
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 05:24:33 AM »

Only a couple of days, I'm sure it's fine! I'm now back and fully active, sorry for that gap, was far off in internetless Western Isles...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies