Kerry's Terrorism Priorities
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:41:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Kerry's Terrorism Priorities
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry's Terrorism Priorities  (Read 1428 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2004, 10:43:13 PM »

This is a part of a transcript from Larry King Live program of July 8, 2004. 

King:

Let's get to, first thing's first, news of the day. Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of a large-scale attack on the United States, didn't increase the -- do you see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

KERRY: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time. But all Americans are united in our efforts to defeat terrorism.

I believe that John Edwards and I can wage a far more effective war on terror than George Bush has. I think we can do a better job of making America safe. But in these days ahead, we all join together no matter what.

KING: So, you don't question the timing of this? Some are.

KERRY: It's not for me to do. I think that what's important is for the terrorists to understand that I and John Edwards will wage, using every tool available to us, the most effective war possible against terrorism.

KING: When do you get...

KERRY: And they -- the American people are going to decide this race, not terrorists. And they need to know that.

KING: When do you -- when do you get your briefing?

KERRY: We're arranging it. It's at the end of the week I'll get it.

KING: Should be pretty soon.

KERRY: I think it's tomorrow or the next day.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0407/08/lkl.00.html

I was suprised, to say the least, that this was really part of the transcript.  I must ask, considering he refered to reducing terrorism to the stage of a "nuisance" like prostitution, what does this say about Kerry's seriousness on homeland security.
shankbear

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 10:54:07 PM »

jj,

it simply shows that he has not given serious consideration to the security needs of this country.  He has found it better to miss his briefings.  He has seen fit to miss over 75% of meetings while on the Intel Committee.  He missed 100% of meetings after the WTC was bombed during the Clinton Administration while on the Intel Committee.  And after that he had the audacity to seek billions in reductions in our Intel capabilities.

He is not a leader.  He is a panderer. 
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 11:14:44 PM »

If Kerry gets elected, the one thing we can hope is that he'll keep flip-flopping so when he's on our side the GOP Congress can send him right-wing legislation.
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 02:42:54 AM »

Ah, reruns.

A transcript almost four months old in which Kerry (who currently has no control over the day to day operations of foriegn or domestic policy) slightly delayed a briefing about an 'alert' which just happened to coinside with his vp pick?  What exactly was he to do?  He possesed no authority to mobilize troops, reassign survelence satilites, or make any other changes to assets.  There was no imminent and critical senate vote on related matters.  What difference does it make?

It's not like he sat around reading 'my pet goat' in the middle of a national crisis or anything.

Well, at least you're recycling something...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 07:48:59 AM »

Ah, reruns.

A transcript almost four months old in which Kerry (who currently has no control over the day to day operations of foriegn or domestic policy) slightly delayed a briefing about an 'alert' which just happened to coinside with his vp pick?  What exactly was he to do?  He possesed no authority to mobilize troops, reassign survelence satilites, or make any other changes to assets.  There was no imminent and critical senate vote on related matters.  What difference does it make?

It's not like he sat around reading 'my pet goat' in the middle of a national crisis or anything.

Well, at least you're recycling something...

You couple this with his "nusiance" remark of a few months later and it forms a pattern.  This is not an isolated incident.  You also add that Kerry really has not formed a detailed homeland security policy and you have a real problem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies