WSJ/NBC Poll: Hillary leads McCain with Bloomberg running as an Independent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 10:06:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  WSJ/NBC Poll: Hillary leads McCain with Bloomberg running as an Independent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WSJ/NBC Poll: Hillary leads McCain with Bloomberg running as an Independent  (Read 2543 times)
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« on: December 16, 2006, 05:24:19 PM »

Now that McCain isn't being seen as super-electable and undefeatable, where will his supporters go, the ones who are standing behind him based on his electability?
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 07:23:41 PM »

Edwards may be a hell of a candidate come 2008.

Nah.  John Edwards is the candidate I'm least afraid of.  He's an inexperienced pretty boy with no sense.  His polling has been heavily inflated after the Republican thumping last month, and I think because he's seen by some Democrats as 'what could have been'.  He's a loser in the general.
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:47:28 PM »

I dont see it that way.  I think he has the qualities that the country may be looking for after 8 years of dimwit Dubya.  They'll want someone who is articulate, good in front of the camera, and someone who gives off a sense of compassion and hope.

Also, if you're hawkish on this war, you could have all the experience in the world and still be a sure loser.

Thats just my 2 cents.

I was very, very afraid of an Edwards nomination in 2004.  I remember back in February, after John Kerry won all those primaries, that there were rumors about a mistress of some sort.  I was scared to death that Kerry would drop out and Edwards would be the nominee. 

Against a dummy like Dubya, Edwards is a winner.

But let's look at the Republican nominee in 2008.  It'll either be McCain, Romney, or Giuliani.  Say what you will about them, all three of them are very smart people, and against them Edwards' empty-headedness will be all the more apparent.

As for the war hawk thing, yes, the Iraq war is unpopular right now.  If it becomes even more unpopular, and there is overwhelming support for immediate withdrawal, then you'll see Republicans changing with the winds.  They're not going to run on an extremely unpopular war ... it would be political suicide.

The problem is that no one is saying what needs to be said.  It's all dumb slogans . . . how many times have you heard a Democrat say "He misled us into war" or "Iraq is a quagmire" or "Iraq is in a civil war".  Who cares?  No one has any real ideas.  It's all "stay the course" or "pull out now!".  Very disappointing.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies