"Are atheists mentally ill?" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:37:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  "Are atheists mentally ill?" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Are atheists mentally ill?"  (Read 8979 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:22 PM »

Well something has to be wrong in order for someone to believe that something can arise from nothing. When regarding the existence of God, realistic laws of science do not apply as we are dealing with the infinite. Material is finite though and therefore must have a first mover, first cause, or first essence. Now this isn't to say that God's presence isn't highly exaggerated by religion.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »

Well something has to be wrong in order for someone to believe that something can arise from nothing. When regarding the existence of God, realistic laws of science do not apply as we are dealing with the infinite. Material is finite though and therefore must have a first mover, first cause, or first essence. Now this isn't to say that God's presence isn't highly exaggerated by religion.

So if you believe something could arise from nothing then you've got something wrong with you, but if you think an immortal sky wizard is responsible for everything then you're perfectly fine? I realize you probably find the notion of calling your deity a sky wizard insulting, but I'm pretty damn tired of hearing this "something from nothing" argument from creationists myself since that isn't really the position atheists generally take.

I said nothing of the sorts.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:53:11 AM »

It's fascinating to read atheists and critics squirm just because their line of thinking is under attack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies