The Office of JCL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 07:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 91199 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: October 14, 2013, 07:42:21 PM »

St. Louis MO

Fellow Atlasians,

I'm here today because there is a message and cause that being neglected in Atlasian politics. That message is that of conservatism.

As a Federalist one of our most dear causes is that of regional rights and decentralization. There is a movement out there that seeks to rip asunder the current regional make up and targets one region in particular for destruction. I can not stand by and let that happen. While I do understand the concerns over activity or the lack thereof, changing the regional structure in a wholesale manner is not a prudent course of action. Moving a few states around might be a more sensible move. That is if the states in question via a vote of their citizens accede to the proposal.

Also the issue of the family is one that needs to be reexamined. The centralizers want to dictate terms which are a hindrance to individuals of faith and conscience. Laws regarding marriage and divorce are better handled at the regional level. Regions should have more say in regards to adoption. The current arrangement simply doesn't work. Folks want to say social issues are off the table in total favor of liberalism. I don't conform to any truce on social issues. Why can't we have an honest discussion about these issues and have a fair and just compromise? Because social liberals and centralizers refuse to come to the table and discuss them openly and candidly.

The current administration and the candidates for president are making a colossal mistake in the realm of foreign policy. We don't sanction our friends and allies when they are working on internal infrastructure improvements because we think the land isn't theirs. In fact the land is theirs and for us to butt in on an internal issue is being a bad friend. That won't happen in my administration.

For these reasons I'm throwing my hat into the ring for President.

Dear Atlasians,

I would like to announce my VP declaration in this thread. I will be accepting write-ins as a VP for JCL's ticket because I share many of his views. To echo some of the key platform points, I think it's absolutely necessary to preserve 5 regions, because 3 regions would simply be too active and it would be impossible for me to be re-elected as a councilor. I would like to say a few words about the family issue as well. I think marriage is a terrible institution and federal bureaucrats should not be involved in such a messy affair, and since I don't support any kind of marriage it's best to leave it to the regions since they are very likely to be incompetent enough to  it up. Finally I would like to say it's absolutely necessary to increase aid to Israel,  since it's the only progressive state in the Middle east. As a labor party member & former union organizer in Atlasia I know that taking the strongest postition is always the best positon.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »

My fellow Atlasians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_wildcat

^this species is native to all of Israel but only parts of Jordan (which my running mate has "wisely" suggested is basically totally the same thing as Palestine) and the west bank. Thus the state of Israel is a kitty state and should exist. I oppose any policies that would threaten the existence of an independent feline state in Israel.
Copycat.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »

I think I will write in JCL / Pingvin for presidential first preference because of your policy on regions.
The real ticket is JCL/Seatown
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 01:11:47 AM »

I think I will write in JCL / Pingvin for presidential first preference because of your policy on regions.
The real ticket is JCL/Seatown

The ticket is JCL/Pingvin. The NM-AM who you align with has no place in my agenda.
I'm a deep red laborite again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies